+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I’ll give Kompany till October….

I’ll give Kompany till October….

After that, if we’re not up there in the top 3, he has to go, and take his back room staff with him
    It wasn’t about todays game. The result was inevitable. It was about the previous 36, and the summer spending spree, which Kompany got all wrong. Any of the posters on here would have spent £100m In a better fashion. As for his tactics, they left a lot to be desired, being too stubborn to change, when things were clearly not going the way they should.
    This season will be remembered as one big embarrassment. The great name of our football club has been dragged down to the floor.With all his experience it should never have ended like this. It’s only last season’s success that has kept him in a job.
    Next season is going to be tougher than before . I just hope fans are not walking out before the end of games, that’s all. Time will tell.
    Last edited by malwayne; 11-05-2024 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Spelling

I agree with a lot of that especially the recruitment.If we had spent the £20m that we wasted on Trafford on a centre forward and signed a seasoned centre back I believe we would have stayed up.Going into a PL season without a centre forward was criminal.Foster is a complete waste of space,Tresor the same,Amdouni the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I agree with a lot of that especially the recruitment.If we had spent the £20m that we wasted on Trafford on a centre forward and signed a seasoned centre back I believe we would have stayed up.Going into a PL season without a centre forward was criminal.Foster is a complete waste of space,Tresor the same,Amdouni the same.
    Cant disagree CIB. The team has no cutting edge. However today I felt that we were playing the Ref as well. Booking glarore for us most undeserved and only 2 for Spuds. Benson on 10 seconds and some clown tried to take him out with foul on his calf not even given by ref. I hate the prem in its current format. Overal we deserved relegation as you said just not good enough.None of the big signings made any impact at all for me. Big summer ahead to get ready of next season.
    Last edited by Deadlydave; 11-05-2024 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    Cant disagree CIB. The team has no cutting edge. However today I felt that we were playing the Ref as well. Booking glarore for us most undeserved and only 2 for Spuds. Benson on 10 seconds and some clown tried to take him out with foul on his calf not even given by ref. I hate the prem in its current format. Overal we deserved relegation as you said just not good enough.None of the big signings made any impact at all for me. Big summer ahead to get ready of next season.
    A Danny Ings style forward and a Tarks in the defence and we could have stayed up.I am convinced.I agree that most of us on here could have done better recruitment than the balloons at the club.They should have got Gyökeres and a centre back and we would have stood a chance.Benson should have also got more time-we immediately look better once he is on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    20 million!!!!! It goes up every week.... Try half of that

The team we had last season was good enough to stay up so all he had to do was replace Tella, maatsen and THB with someone as good and work from there to improve. As good as Trafford was he was not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    The team we had last season was good enough to stay up so all he had to do was replace Tella, maatsen and THB with someone as good and work from there to improve. As good as Trafford was he was not needed.
    If only it was that easy

Quote Originally Posted by Positive pete View Post
    If only it was that easy
    Be more positive Pete

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Be more positive Pete
    I'll try 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Positive pete View Post
    If only it was that easy
    It should have been easy to finish in front of Luton, but it's looking like we won't even manage that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)