+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Motherwell away October 19th roll call, match thread and all that cr@p

What 3-0 Vyner WOW

0-3

Didn’t see this one coming!

Well this is very unexpected, Motherwell must be utter shiite.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Well this is very unexpected, Motherwell must be utter shiite.
    Very very unexpected. If the penalty had went in early doors it could have been different. Sometimes that’s the breaks you need. Motherwell are definitely not **** though and will still be above us.

Humble pie for my tea tonight!

Great result & dominant performance.

Credit where it’s due.

Very pleasantly surprised.

A decent team performance for a change. Leigh with the best midfield performance of the season for me. Unexpected but long overdue. Same again next week would be nice.

Very solid performance that...best of season...? WM calling Vyner and Leigh "magnificent" ...good stuff dons, set up to get right in amongst the champions next week....

Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    0-3

Didn’t see this one coming!
    Too right this came out of nowhere lets play with 6 Defenders ever week

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    A decent team performance for a change. Leigh with the best midfield performance of the season for me. Unexpected but long overdue. Same again next week would be nice.
    Bryson in for Logan
    Vyner at right back.
    Bryson in to midfield
    Hedges will come in for Wilson too.

Pretty good performance with a strange starting line up. Some nice goals too - great finishes for all of them.

I was thinking watching that if we might end up seeing Leigh playing in the defensive midfield position more often now. It allows McInnes to keep Considine in the team at LB, and gives us a bit more height, pace, energy and tackling ability in the central midfield area. I thought he looked pretty good there, probably as good, if not better, than the likes of Ferguson, Bryson and Ojo have been. Vyner I wasn't so convinced of, although he scored a nice goal.

Not sure what was up with Wilson - he started brightly, had a couple of good shots from outside the area, but after we went 1-0 up he was hardly seen in the opposition half again. I did notice a couple of times when we launched counter attacks that he didn't make a huge effort to get up in support - I don't know if he picked up an injury or just doesn't have the engine to play the position McInnes insists on playing him in.

Other thing I thought was odd was that we were 3-0 up and coasting and brought on Dean Campbell for McGinn. I'd have thought it would've been an ideal opportunity to have got Bruce Anderson on for a reasonable amount of time.

Will be very interesting to see how we set up against Celtic next week now. I'd suspect Ferguson at least will come back in, and would guess that Wilson will be out. It's not impossible that that could be a straight swap and the rest stays the same. Ferguson in the centre and Gallagher out wide, with Vyner and Leigh continuing in defensive midfield.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast