+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Motherwell away October 19th roll call, match thread and all that cr@p

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Reading the interview with Devlin in the match day programme for the Hibs game, it’s clear (to me anyway) that the player wasn’t injured earlier in the season. Maybe if our sycophantic local news guys had actually asked what the issue was with Devlin, we’d have found out. Or maybe they were briefed not to ask such pointed questions?

Leads to some kind of issue between player and manager. Funny how he was straight back into the side when we only had one other fit centre half available and then straight out again when those players came back.

Guaranteed he’ll be back on the bench for this game.

Unless it’s a tombola time Derek back 3 ��
    I have not read the interview you are referring to FTH in the Hibs program, but I have had some thoughts on this for a while and to be fair to Devlin in the last two Scotland games and from the bits and pieces I have seen, he did not really do much wrong and his passing / distribution (again from only the small snippets I have seen) certainly looks a helluva lot better than his usual attempts at hoofing it up the park and hope to aim for the big lad approach (when he is playing for the dons) and his punts up the park are normally pretty sh1te.
    Perhaps Devlin is a real football player and just does not fit in with McWinless hoofball approach,
    The boy does look like he is class when he is fully fit, and if he is not being played purely because he is nae good at hoofball then that should also be another sackable offence against our illustrious fkn leader.
    Last edited by blowupsheep; 16-10-2019 at 06:58 AM.

If there's a super Saturday brexit vote that could impact greatly on the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    I have not read the interview you are referring to FTH in the Hibs program, but I have had some thoughts on this for a while and to be fair to Devlin in the last two Scotland games and from the bits and pieces I have seen, he did not really do much wrong and his passing / distribution (again from only the small snippets I have seen) certainly looks a helluva lot better than his usual attempts at hoofing it up the park and hope to aim for the big lad approach (when he is playing for the dons) and his punts up the park are normally pretty sh1te.
    Perhaps Devlin is a real football player and just does not fit in with McWinless hoofball approach,
    The boy does look like he is class when he is fully fit, and if he is not being played purely because he is nae good at hoofball then that should also be another sackable offence against our illustrious fkn leader.
    Devlin’s distribution is terrible.
    He likes a hoof into the “right channel” in the rough direction of Cosgrove.
    I’d say he fits right in with the McInnes mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Devlin’s distribution is terrible.
    He likes a hoof into the “right channel” in the rough direction of Cosgrove.
    I’d say he fits right in with the McInnes mantra.
    He tries to hoof in the direction of the donkey because that is what he is instructed to do by McWinless and yes I agree his distribution in that scenario is terrible.
    On the other hand his distribution in normal simple passing to a player preferably wearing the same colour of shirt looks to be ok.
    Devlins preferred approach to trying to play football should be encouraged, but sadly with the anchor man at the helm, his hoofball approach is fkn up the natural skills that one or two of our players actually do possess (not many)

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Reading the interview with Devlin in the match day programme for the Hibs game, it’s clear (to me anyway) that the player wasn’t injured earlier in the season. Maybe if our sycophantic local news guys had actually asked what the issue was with Devlin, we’d have found out. Or maybe they were briefed not to ask such pointed questions?

Leads to some kind of issue between player and manager. Funny how he was straight back into the side when we only had one other fit centre half available and then straight out again when those players came back.

Guaranteed he’ll be back on the bench for this game.

Unless it’s a tombola time Derek back 3 ��
    It’s probably because Considine is one of McInnes favourites and he wants to play him every week.

He might play Devlin alongside McKenna on Saturday but would probably drop Leigh so he can put Considine at left back.

He tries to hoof in the direction of the donkey because that is what he is instructed to do by McWinless and yes I agree his distribution in that scenario is terrible.
    On the other hand his distribution in normal simple passing to a player preferably wearing the same colour of shirt looks to be ok.
    Devlins preferred approach to trying to play football should be encouraged, but sadly with the anchor man at the helm, his hoofball approach is fkn up the natural skills that one or two of our players actually do possess (not many)
    I'm not sure you can blame McInnes for Devlin's passing. His distribution forward is woeful. Sure he can pass it along the ground across the back four, but any grown man could do that, never mind a professional footballer. I suspect his distribution looked better for Scotland because he had better players in midfield and out wide willing and able to receive a simple pass than he does at Aberdeen. Also San Marino are the equivalent of playing a highland league team, on a huge pitch. If he can't play the ball forward to a member of his own team in that environment he should never bother playing football again.

Hopefully the experience with Scotland will have boosted his confidence and he'll be better for us as a result because he's been honking this season (not just in his distribution) and I struggle to understand how that's McInnes fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I'm not sure you can blame McInnes for Devlin's passing.
    I struggle to understand how that's McInnes fault.
    It's McWinless's job as manager (unfortunately) of our club to get the best out of the players, and he fails to do that time and time again.
    Even with players that evidently do have a bit of natural ability about them and god forbid even a wee bit of skill, Greg the hun Stewart being another example of that.

I'm not saying Devlin is fantastic (actually he is far from that) but I'd much rather watch him try and start a footballing move up the park with some simple forward passes to some dude in the same colour shirt rather than hoof the fkn thing up the park and oot for a throw (at best)
    Now THAT!!! is the fault of McWinless

It's McWinless's job as manager (unfortunately) of our club to get the best out of the players, and he fails to do that time and time again.
    Even with players that evidently do have a bit of natural ability about them and god forbid even a wee bit of skill, Greg the hun Stewart being another example of that.

I'm not saying Devlin is fantastic (actually he is far from that) but I'd much rather watch him try and start a footballing move up the park with some simple forward passes to some dude in the same colour shirt rather than hoof the fkn thing up the park and oot for a throw (at best)
    Now THAT!!! is the fault of McWinless
    True - if McInnes must persist with the hoofball tactics, you'd have thought he would have the defenders practicing the art of hoofing it in the right direction and training the guys further forward to be in the right areas to get on the end of said hoofs. Hoof and hope is what we get though. What they actually do in training all week is a mystery to me. Maybe they just don't bother training incase they get injured.

It wasn’t that long ago someone said Considines distribution was better than Devlins.

Now Devlin can’t get a game because he likes to play the ball out from the back instead of hoofing it up the park.

I would say it’s more down to the fact there are 2 types of players in McInnes time as our manager.

The first type is players he “trusts “ who no matter how bad they are playing will be playing week in week out.

The second type is players who have a bad game or make a mistake and are ruthlessly dropped for the next game.

Devlin falls into the second category.

If you are going to drop some players for having a bad game but not other players because you like them more then that’s a weakness as a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

The second type is players who have a bad game or make a mistake and are ruthlessly dropped for the next game
    Scott Vernon was the first, Joe Shocknessy was another & there was f*ck all Danny Rogers could’ve done to get in the team.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast