+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Motherwell away October 19th roll call, match thread and all that cr@p

Oot.
    Just coming home from Saudi too late.
    1-0 AFC in a mind numbing game.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    It wasn’t that long ago someone said Considines distribution was better than Devlins.

Now Devlin can’t get a game because he likes to play the ball out from the back instead of hoofing it up the park.

Considine's distribution has been better than Devlin's this season in my opinion (not that it's been particularly good - more than Devlin's has been awful).

Devlin can't get a game because when he has had a game more often than not he's been utterly garbage this season. Nothing to do with him liking to play the ball out from the back. I've seen no evidence to suggest that he likes to play it out from the back, other than about 2 passes forward on the ground for Scotland against San bloomin' Marino.

I agree there are some players McInnes is over loyal too and others who he "gives a chance" to for one game and if they don't ace it they're ditched again. However I think Devlin has had plenty opportunities - his injuries haven't helped and his confidence has maybe taken a knock from some bad performances but he's had a decent number of games when he's been fit. Considine isn't great, but I'd say he's been better than Devlin this season. However if both are playing at the top of their game, Devlin is likely the better player, so hopefully he can find some consistency soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Considine's distribution has been better than Devlin's this season in my opinion (not that it's been particularly good - more than Devlin's has been awful).

Devlin can't get a game because when he has had a game more often than not he's been utterly garbage this season. Nothing to do with him liking to play the ball out from the back. I've seen no evidence to suggest that he likes to play it out from the back, other than about 2 passes forward on the ground for Scotland against San bloomin' Marino.

I agree there are some players McInnes is over loyal too and others who he "gives a chance" to for one game and if they don't ace it they're ditched again. However I think Devlin has had plenty opportunities - his injuries haven't helped and his confidence has maybe taken a knock from some bad performances but he's had a decent number of games when he's been fit. Considine isn't great, but I'd say he's been better than Devlin this season. However if both are playing at the top of their game, Devlin is likely the better player, so hopefully he can find some consistency soon.
    ^^^ Totally agree DC

. However if both are playing at the top of their game, Devlin is likely the better player, so hopefully he can find some consistency soon.
    Would agree there pal, but the only way he can find consistency soon is if he gets a run of games and stays clear of injuries.
    Sadly if and when all defensive players are available for selection then I think Devlin is likely to find himself low on the pecking order due to our illustrious leader having his favorites (Taylor and Considine) will probably be ahead of Devlin in the list.

I think the reason why some are suggesting Devlin likes to play the ball out from the back is because he also did that against Russia as well, he didn’t play that badly in that game either even though they lost 4-0 he wasn’t hoofing the ball up the park.

I’m a bit confused about how people are saying we are a hoof ball team but Considines distribution is better than the rest of the defenders,does that mean McInnes is telling the defenders to lump the ball up the pitch to Cosgrove but Considine isn’t listening?

From what I have seen they are all hoofing the ball up the park and Considine is as guilty as the rest of them.

I think the reason why some are suggesting Devlin likes to play the ball out from the back is because he also did that against Russia as well, he didn’t play that badly in that game either even though they lost 4-0 he wasn’t hoofing the ball up the park.

I’m a bit confused about how people are saying we are a hoof ball team but Considines distribution is better than the rest of the defenders,does that mean McInnes is telling the defenders to lump the ball up the pitch to Cosgrove but Considine isn’t listening?

From what I have seen they are all hoofing the ball up the park and Considine is as guilty as the rest of them.
    The one good hoof up the park was from Considine against Hearts at Pittodrie when Cosgrove scored our opening goal. I think Considine was rewarded with an assist (ask Comical Ali). McInnes will be looking at what happened and will think that it has happened once so it can happen again.

He is guilty of hoofing it as much as the rest of them, but his hoofs seem to go slightly nearer the target. I would say that he does try and play the ball forward to feet a bit more than the rest of the defenders do as well (I'm not trying to suggest he's brilliant at it though).

I think some of the blame needs to be shouldered at the players in front of the defence too though - maybe they need to be doing more to be finding space in positions where they can receive a forward pass on the ground. It's amazing that our defenders need to hoof it forward when we always play with 2 defensive midfielders and our two "wide" attackers are usually sitting deep as doubled up full backs. Maybe that's the problem, it's all too congested and there's no space immediately in front of them, hence the requirement to punt it long. Obviously if that's the case, it's down to McInnes' rotten defensive tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Would agree there pal, but the only way he can find consistency soon is if he gets a run of games and stays clear of injuries.
    Sadly if and when all defensive players are available for selection then I think Devlin is likely to find himself low on the pecking order due to our illustrious leader having his favorites (Taylor and Considine) will probably be ahead of Devlin in the list.
    True - I would hope that Devlin and McKenna are the first choice partnership as when everyone's at their best, they are the best two we have. I think Taylor was signed as backup. I wouldn't be surprised if Considine plays some of this season at LB when everyone's fit (if that miracle ever happens). Leigh has done ok in patches but I don't think he's won enough loyalty points with McInnes yet to avoid getting ditched to make way for Considine. He's not anywhere near as good as Lowe was.

He is guilty of hoofing it as much as the rest of them, but his hoofs seem to go slightly nearer the target. I would say that he does try and play the ball forward to feet a bit more than the rest of the defenders do as well (I'm not trying to suggest he's brilliant at it though).

I think some of the blame needs to be shouldered at the players in front of the defence too though - maybe they need to be doing more to be finding space in positions where they can receive a forward pass on the ground. It's amazing that our defenders need to hoof it forward when we always play with 2 defensive midfielders and our two "wide" attackers are usually sitting deep as doubled up full backs. Maybe that's the problem, it's all too congested and there's no space immediately in front of them, hence the requirement to punt it long. Obviously if that's the case, it's down to McInnes' rotten defensive tactics.
    We hoof it up the park simply for the reason our manager is lazy. I have said it before but I don’t think I was believed. We obviously don’t spend enough time coaching the players on how they should be playing to achieve winning results. His laziness has caught up with him and we are paying the consequences.

The squad morale looks low, our team play negatively, our manager has lost all drive to succeed and our fans are fed up....it is a recipe for disaster. Somethings need to change quickly.

Leigh has done ok in patches but I don't think he's won enough loyalty points with McInnes yet to avoid getting ditched to make way for Considine. He's not anywhere near as good as Lowe was.
    Interesting viewpoint.
    I think Leigh has been more effective in his start than Lowe was when he first started with us.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast