+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Motherwell away October 19th roll call, match thread and all that cr@p

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    The one good hoof up the park was from Considine against Hearts at Pittodrie when Cosgrove scored our opening goal. I think Considine was rewarded with an assist (ask Comical Ali). McInnes will be looking at what happened and will think that it has happened once so it can happen again.
    I would give him the assist for that goal but it only happened because Berra mistimed his header.

It was just another hoof up the park that resulted in a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Interesting viewpoint.
    I think Leigh has been more effective in his start than Lowe was when he first started with us.
    I think Leigh has done alright but I wouldn’t be surprised if he is benched to keep Considine in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Interesting viewpoint.
    I think Leigh has been more effective in his start than Lowe was when he first started with us.
    Leigh hasn't impressed me much since the home matches with Chikhura and Hearts when, in each game, I thought he was really good.

The same could be said about Gallagher's early season promise compared against where we are now a couple of months in.

Both players look more equipped for a team content with a botton six finish; which is where they might end up here..

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Leigh hasn't impressed me much since the home matches with Chikhura and Hearts when, in each game, I thought he was really good.

The same could be said about Gallagher's early season promise compared against where we are now a couple of months in.

Both players look more equipped for a team content with a botton six finish; which is where they might end up here..
    Lowe is a better LB than Leigh - no doubt about that in my mind.

Quicker, more skillful & better defensively too.

Leigh is better in the air, especially in the opposiiton box & can deliver a decent cross into the box on occasion, but Lowe is better in pretty much every other respect.

Not saying Leigh is a bad player - we've had far worse - but he's definitely a downgrade on Lowe having seen him for a while now.

Hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Lowe is a better LB than Leigh - no doubt about that in my mind.

Quicker, more skillful & better defensively too.

Leigh is better in the air, especially in the opposiiton box & can deliver a decent cross into the box on occasion, but Lowe is better in pretty much every other respect.

Not saying Leigh is a bad player - we've had far worse - but he's definitely a downgrade on Lowe having seen him for a while now.
    That's pretty much my take on it too. Leigh stronger in the air and carries more threat from set pieces which is about the only way we score these days. But Lowe played with a fearlessness - always willing to try and take on his opponent and drive forward. Leigh does that occasionally - he's not as good as Lowe was at it, but he is reasonable - the main difference is he doesn't do it often enough. Lowe was one of the biggest attacking threats we had last season even though he was a defender.

If you had the option between Leigh or Considine at left back who would you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    If you had the option between Leigh or Considine at left back who would you choose?
    Leigh as he is an actual left back, whereas Considine is a centre back who fills in at left back.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Leigh as he is an actual left back, whereas Considine is a centre back who fills in at left back.
    I agree but I don’t think that will stop McInnes from playing him at left back.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I agree but I don’t think that will stop McInnes from playing him at left back.
    That’s true. The Anchor Man will want his battle hardened players for the Motherwell match

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast