+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Barnsley Manager Leaves

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    So who decided which players you signed then? One of the owners?

I thought you payed a hefty sum £1.5m ??? for at least one if not two players
    The head of recruitment is Billy Beane an American baseball manager famed for his use of analytics in hmmm ...... baseball .

James Cryne son of former owner Patrick Cryne and holds a 20% stake is also significantly involved in recruitment at the club , this model was used to discover Connor Hourihane , Alfie Mawson , Marc Roberts and Sam Winnall amongst others when Patrick Cryne owned the club .

Stendel and his predecessors had the choice between 3 players the system spits out for each position they have identified as needed .

If they didn't fancy any of them after they looked them over on film then too bad , choose one or go without .

That's the extent the policy offers the HC .

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Surely it can't be my old mate Billy Beane's fault? I hear due to a language difficulty him and Daniel Stendel got into an Abbot and Costello like argument around 'who's on first' but Billy managed to sort it out using his Moneyball formula and brought in a cheap Cuban short stop to play in the holding midfield role
    Hey Im not as old as you Mr Camilla Parker lol, you might have been best mates with messrs Abbott & Costello etc!!.
    Did you also know messrs Laurel & Hardy, and have you got their original autographs, they might be worth a few sheckels these days ?.

As for our unfortunate club situation, somebody is at fault here Cam mate, and we're all pointing the fingers right now, all over Oakwell actually but I think we know who and what is to blame here!.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456