+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Done with the game

Speaking of chippers. It might be worth watching Frank Mcgarvey's show on BBC Scotland tonight. Aberdeen is the featured city. Kick off is 22.00.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I always wondered why you would even bother coming onto a football forum called Aberdeen mad if you have had it with AFC.

I’m sure there are food type forums for example who would be happy to discuss whether it’s chipper or chippie and how pish school milk was back in the day.

I've always wondered why people take offence at other people having a laugh.

I suppose you could always spend the 5 days before a game trying to work out what the line up will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    I've got ten fingers, admittedly one of them is a mallet finger if that makes any difference, no webbed feet, can't even swim and know nobody called Murdo.

It's a CHIPPER.
    Jeez, not this again. I refuse to rake over old ground regarding chippies.

Anyway, about those swans...

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Speaking of chippers. It might be worth watching Frank Mcgarvey's show on BBC Scotland tonight. Aberdeen is the featured city. Kick off is 22.00.
    Darren McGarvey AKA Loki

Quote Originally Posted by 64syrupofjarvie View Post
    Darren McGarvey AKA Loki
    Franks loon 👍

Darren McGarvey AKA Loki
    Might watch that - thought he was excellent in Thor.

Sounds like a completely valid cross section of the city's population

"Four years ago oil-rich Aberdonians earned the highest salaries in Scotland, coming second only to London in their pay packet.

"Today it’s a different picture. Welfare reforms, wages stagnation and a lack of affordable housing have created a perfect storm of adversity."

During the episode Darren sits down for a chat in the city centre with a homeless man and he also speaks to Polish-born Daniel, who arrived during the oil boom years but has latterly been diagnosed with a crippling illness and now struggles to access key benefits.

Sounds like a load of BBC b@llocks

Aye, aye what do we have here. A couple of "I'm all right jack's" that are blind to the fact there is real poverty in this city.

Darren McGarvey AKA Loki
    Man's a feckin hero in this day and age....series has been excellent and his book Poverty Safari is well worth a read of you have any sense of social conscience!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast