+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal or No Deal

I really really wish I shared your optimism.

Our economy will flourish.
    No problem at all with the Irish border.
    Foreigners will not be welcome...unless they are super skilled.
    We will do our own security.
    No problem with items such as medical supplies.
    We don't need farmers anyway. So 40% tariffs on sheep and even more on dairy doesn't matter, does it?
    We can import what the hell we like - even if the quality and safety standards are no as good as currently (foodstuffs etc)
    The EU will go bankrupt.
    British courts will rule on British laws. (Oh, hang on...)
    We don't need reciprocal free medical care when abroad, do we, we can buy medical insurance.
    Hooray! we will have to get one of those funky green card thingys and wait for customs checks when entering/leaving Europe.
    We can compete against the EU instead of collaborating with it.
    The collaboration between our various science projects is overrated.
    We will get our blue passport back.
    We wall be poorer, but I'll have a warm smug feeling in side once we leave.
    Our kids will be deprived of travel/working/living in Europe to a large extent but why on earth do they want to leave Britain in the first place?
    If the foreigners get nasty with the trade deals then we'll show 'em what the Bulldog spirit is all about. We lived through the Blitz don't you know?
    We will be able to buy bananas as bent as we wish.

What's not to like? Have I missed anything?

I like the look of that lot 1959-60.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I really really wish I shared your optimism.

Our economy will flourish.
    No problem at all with the Irish border.
    Foreigners will not be welcome...unless they are super skilled.
    We will do our own security.
    No problem with items such as medical supplies.
    We don't need farmers anyway. So 40% tariffs on sheep and even more on dairy doesn't matter, does it?
    We can import what the hell we like - even if the quality and safety standards are no as good as currently (foodstuffs etc)
    The EU will go bankrupt.
    British courts will rule on British laws. (Oh, hang on...)
    We don't need reciprocal free medical care when abroad, do we, we can buy medical insurance.
    Hooray! we will have to get one of those funky green card thingys and wait for customs checks when entering/leaving Europe.
    We can compete against the EU instead of collaborating with it.
    The collaboration between our various science projects is overrated.
    We will get our blue passport back.
    We wall be poorer, but I'll have a warm smug feeling in side once we leave.
    Our kids will be deprived of travel/working/living in Europe to a large extent but why on earth do they want to leave Britain in the first place?
    If the foreigners get nasty with the trade deals then we'll show 'em what the Bulldog spirit is all about. We lived through the Blitz don't you know?
    We will be able to buy bananas as bent as we wish.

What's not to like? Have I missed anything?
    Yes you have 59, you've missed that it's 2019, and the referendum was three and a half years ago, bit late and pointless to be going over that old ground again. You Remoaners could supply Harry Ramsden for a year with all those chips on your shoulders, you've brought a whole new dimension to the phrase 'bad losers'. Remain lost, get over it, we're heading out. C'est la vie, as they say in certain regions of the EU.

I'll bet you're still stewing about that Maradona handball aren't you. It wasn't fair was it, he cheated, do you think there's any chance we could get the match replayed if Gina Miller took it to the Supreme Court ? Worth a try surely ?
    Last edited by sinkov; 08-10-2019 at 09:05 PM.

Just a thought, how's about a celebratory lunch at the Spread Eagle in Barrow near Whalley on November 1st? Everyone welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    In the blame game is it not relevant as to why the EU are so determined we won’t leave that our net contribution to the EU was 8.9 billion in 2018.
    EU/ECB is desperate to avoid a recession - it needs mo Money - so lowers interest rates to stimulate borrowing and is ready to start printing agin - 20 Billion a month come November.....as an Ex-Credit Suisse CEO recently pointed out - "Money's Not Worth Anything Anymore".

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/...negative-rates

Well, I'll take yours off your hands if you like Norder?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Just a thought, how's about a celebratory lunch at the Spread Eagle in Barrow near Whalley on November 1st? Everyone welcome!
    Phook right off.. I'm not listening to politics from you bunch of lefties / righties/ commies...lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Id rather stick pins in my eyes than listen to you cnuts talking politics ..lol

I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Well, I'll take yours off your hands if you like Norder?

sure thing 59'.....can send you plenty of the Paper stuff - will even put some dye on it....and would you like it any particular colour, a picture or a pattern on it ?.....best we start small numbers, say a few hundred thou -and no, I dont want much in return, old pal - how does 100 packs of veg seeds, a pallet of various tinned goods (no meat) and half a dozen bottles of good scotch sound - I reckon thats a good deal for you...but of course, the more you can circulate, the better it is for me.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)