+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal or No Deal

Deal or No Deal

In the blame game is it not relevant as to why the EU are so determined we won’t leave that our net contribution to the EU was 8.9 billion in 2018. They just want us to keep paying and no doubt in future years contributions will rise again and again. How can they pay for their superstate dream if we leave?

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    In the blame game is it not relevant as to why the EU are so determined we won’t leave that our net contribution to the EU was 8.9 billion in 2018. They just want us to keep paying and no doubt in future years contributions will rise again and again. How can they pay for their superstate dream if we leave?
    That's over 30 billion we've given them since the referendum, it's obvious why they're desperate to keep us in, they set a new budget soon and they have no idea how they can balance it without our contribution. In fact they can't, they're struggling now, without our contribution, they're virtually bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    That's over 30 billion we've given them since the referendum, it's obvious why they're desperate to keep us in, they set a new budget soon and they have no idea how they can balance it without our contribution. In fact they can't, they're struggling now, without our contribution, they're virtually bankrupt.
    Exactly right , maybe Germany and France will make up the losses but I don’t think so

So you are saying that if we leave on October 31st with no deal the EU will go bankrupt?

The nonsense that Quitters believe....

Keep listening to Boris though. He obviously knows what he is doing. He told us we would get a better deal than we have now and it won't cost us a penny. British courts could rule on British laws (ahem.) It would be the easiest deal in human history.
    Question...do you not feel duped by him? Or at least, that he got his facts hopelessly wrong? In either case he is not fit to run a bath.

I'm sick of it! Just phuck it and leave. Damn the consequences, I've lived without condoms and sugarcane before!

This is what the EU Budget Commisioner said in the Grauniad, you might not believe me 59, but the Grauniad is your bible, an EU Commissioner must be your god, so read on mon ami. I also suspect that at this point they were thinking they'd get their mitts on the 39 billion from us as well. Well they won't with no WA, so the situation is even worse for them than they are stating, which is why they want to keep us in. We are one of the biggest contributors, we leave the other contributors will have to pay more, the recipients will have to accept less, simple economic fact of life, not good for the EU, not good at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...n-commissioner
    Last edited by sinkov; 08-10-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm sick of it! Just phuck it and leave. Damn the consequences, I've lived without condoms and sugarcane before!
    So am I BT, sick to back teeth of our duplicitous politicians and the EU, seems like they want a trade war after we've left now, pity they don't they just declare total war on us, then we could deal properly with the fifth columnists in this country.

Hapless, hopeless, horrendous and totally unfit for purpose are the inhabitants of the House of Commons sinkov and please tell me in the name of God, what phucking use are the nodding dogs in the House of Lords.

I read this morning that Macron will encourage French fishing boats to fish in our waters. I have the answer for that...

Attachment 14065

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    This is what the EU Budget Commisioner said in the Grauniad, you might not believe me 59, but the Grauniad is your bible, an EU Commissioner must be your god, so read on mon ami. I also suspect that at this point they were thinking they'd get their mitts on the 39 billion from us as well. Well they won't with no WA, so the situation is even worse for them than they are stating, which is why they want to keep us in. We are one of the biggest contributors, we leave the other contributors will have to pay more, the recipients will have to accept less, simple economic fact of life, not good for the EU, not good at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...n-commissioner
    No doubt it will impact on the EU sinkov.

But not nearly as much as it will impact on us
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49961301

"The think tank said borrowing was likely to rise to £100bn and total debt would soar to 90% of national income."

Have we all gone stark raving mad?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    No doubt it will impact on the EU sinkov.

But not nearly as much as it will impact on us
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49961301

"The think tank said borrowing was likely to rise to £100bn and total debt would soar to 90% of national income."

Have we all gone stark raving mad?
    Think tank? You will have to do better than that 59_60. Is that the same think tank who said in 2016 that our economy would go into meltdown if we voted Leave. I honestly think they can’t predict what will happen next week let alone in the next 5 years. 8.9 billion that is fact not speculation. I don’t think the EU will sink straightaway if we leave but neither did the Titanic when it hit the iceberg.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)