+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Deal or No Deal

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I think you'll find 59, on the third line down there's a slight error, which obviously throws the whole thing out. I spotted it straight away, I'm surprised you haven't.
    By God you're right Sinkov!

Make that 18 times better then.

To be honest 59, that link provides the most convincing evidence I've seen for Remaining yet, Project Fear has nothing on that, you can't argue with the facts.

We are now in the ridiculous situation that a minority party in Northern Ireland is having it's arm twisted (and bribed?) to sell their country down the river.
    If Boris gets this through then it could quickly lead to the break up of the union. Within a couple of years England and Wales could well be the new UK.
    Whatever your views on Brexit can we agree this is a bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    We are now in the ridiculous situation that a minority party in Northern Ireland is having it's arm twisted (and bribed?) to sell their country down the river.
    If Boris gets this through then it could quickly lead to the break up of the union. Within a couple of years England and Wales could well be the new UK.
    If I could add my tuppence to the argument between you two, I would go to my grave a happy man if Scotland was independent and Ireland was united.

We will keep a hold on Wales, it's perfectly suitable for the odd rape and pillaging malarkey.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Worry not about this deal breaking up the Union 59, it's on it's last legs anyway. There is provision in the Belfast Agreement for a referendum on a united Ireland, the Republicans could probably win it now, but Eire doesn't want to be lumbered with millions of stroppy Prods just yet, but it's only a matter of time, and the SNP will get another go in Scotland soon, which they may well win. The UK as we know it, just like the EU, is living on borrowed time, it's just a matter of when not if, for the both of them.

I'm beginning to think this might happen, Varadkar seems to be onside with the Boris plan, they're still talking, Barnier is saying a deal is possible, the EU are now smelling their £39 billion, it's within touching distance, all they have to do is come up with a compromise to keep the DUP on board and the ERG will fall into line and a deal can be agreed and put to Parliament. And the thing is, it's within the power of the EU to ensure it passes this time, all they have to say is that there will be no further extensions, it's either this deal or no deal, and if you don't pass it then out you go with no deal. And which of the Remoan MPs are going to vote for no deal ? None of them, so the EU has us over a barrel, they get their money and they still have us by the short and curlies, it's BRINO, and we become their first colony.

Of course there may have to be a short extension to get all the legislation etc. through, but as long as the EU insists that's all the extension is for, and that's it, they've won. They are intransigent, awkward, self-interested and stubborn, but I cannot believe they will be so stupid as to let this chance of victory slip from their grasp, it just can't get any better than this outcome for them.
    The deal is all but done and dusted, but the media are wondering how Boris gets it through Parliament without the DUP and with Labour and the LibDems opposing it.

They need wonder no more, the EU have played their ace card, as I suggested above they would. Juncker is saying there will be no further extensions, it's Boris's deal or no deal. Let's see how the Remoaners get round that one.

The deal is all but done and dusted, but the media are wondering how Boris gets it through Parliament without the DUP and with Labour and the LibDems opposing it.

They need wonder no more, the EU have played their ace card, as I suggested above they would. Juncker is saying there will be no further extensions, it's Boris's deal or no deal. Let's see how the Remoaners get round that one.
    Bloody hell, Tusk has spoilt the fun, he says they'll have to consult, it's not down to Druncker. And I suppose technically they can't refuse us one until we actually ask. The seeds have been sown though, I'm hoping Macron chips in something similar to back up his mate, if they make it clear there will be no extension this will sail through parliament.

Bloody hell, Tusk has spoilt the fun, he says they'll have to consult, it's not down to Druncker. And I suppose technically they can't refuse us one until we actually ask. The seeds have been sown though, I'm hoping Macron chips in something similar to back up his mate, if they make it clear there will be no extension this will sail through parliament.
    BRINO Sinkov?

From what I've read 59 sounds like a better version of BRINO than May's, it does have some redeeming features that May's didn't, but it's BRINO nevertheless. Still you know what they say, beggars can't be choosers, any port in a storm etc, it gets us out technically and sees off the Remoaner plots to revoke A50 or hold a 2nd referendum, oh and another one, don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good, I'm not sure just how good it is, but it's no doubt the best we'll get, so it's bubbly time for me.

If it happens.

I can't see it being any different in effect Sinkov.

One thing I don't understand, if Stormont decides to reject the arrangement in four years time then what happens? Do they have a veto on the whole thing? What happens then?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)