+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal or No Deal

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Let's see what Boris brings back and then compare it with Theresa's deal eh?

I guarantee that only the backstop will have changed. Which was always there as a temporary "backstop" until someone dreamed something else up.
    It really doesn’t matter what deal if any Boris brings back whether it is a good deal or a bad deal the Remainers in Parliament will do their utmost to vote it down. Corbyn will claim he can offer a credible leave option which will be credible only to the man in the street in Luxembourg and even then he Corbyn will campaign against it. We are lucky indeed that this is not another country because we really would have Civil War.

Let's see what Boris brings back and then compare it with Theresa's deal eh?

I guarantee that only the backstop will have changed. Which was always there as a temporary "backstop" until someone dreamed something else up.
    No, I think you'll find the Backstop is permanent until we have agreed a trade deal, which will resolve the issue. This is why the Leavers wanted to negotiate a trade deal alongside the WA, then there would have been no need for any backstop. But the EU and the Remoaners went there own way, no leavers were allowed within a hundred miles of the negotiations, and we are where we are now, a right royal EU/Remoanian feck up.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    It really doesn’t matter what deal if any Boris brings back whether it is a good deal or a bad deal the Remainers in Parliament will do their utmost to vote it down.
    I'm beginning to think this might happen, Varadkar seems to be onside with the Boris plan, they're still talking, Barnier is saying a deal is possible, the EU are now smelling their £39 billion, it's within touching distance, all they have to do is come up with a compromise to keep the DUP on board and the ERG will fall into line and a deal can be agreed and put to Parliament. And the thing is, it's within the power of the EU to ensure it passes this time, all they have to say is that there will be no further extensions, it's either this deal or no deal, and if you don't pass it then out you go with no deal. And which of the Remoan MPs are going to vote for no deal ? None of them, so the EU has us over a barrel, they get their money and they still have us by the short and curlies, it's BRINO, and we become their first colony.

Of course there may have to be a short extension to get all the legislation etc. through, but as long as the EU insists that's all the extension is for, and that's it, they've won. They are intransigent, awkward, self-interested and stubborn, but I cannot believe they will be so stupid as to let this chance of victory slip from their grasp, it just can't get any better than this outcome for them.

That’s pretty accurate, we’re in a corner in the weakest position known to man, said it many times all the remoaners have done is weaken us and strengthen Brussels

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    That’s pretty accurate, we’re in a corner in the weakest position known to man, said it many times all the remoaners have done is weaken us and strengthen Brussels
    Speedo Mick rang me last night to say he will be put in charge of Customs Regulations in the Irish Sea. Apparently him and twenty of his synchronised swimming mates are swimming off from the Isle of Man soon to set up Johnson's new Customs post...

Attachment 14132

A customs boarder in the middle of the Irish sea is the most idiotic suggestion we have yet seen.
    The government are negotiating for the UK not just England. If this is the best offer they can get from the EU then we should be going with either:-
    1) A no deal solution.
    2) Remain within the EU

If Northern Ireland as a different customs arrangement to the rest of the UK this may cause a knock on effect with both Scotland and Wales requesting different customs arrangements.

Also if we concede to much ground in the withdrawal agreement it does not bode well for negotiating a trade agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    A customs boarder in the middle of the Irish sea is the most idiotic suggestion we have yet seen.
    The government are negotiating for the UK not just England. If this is the best offer they can get from the EU then we should be going with either:-
    1) A no deal solution.
    2) Remain within the EU

If Northern Ireland as a different customs arrangement to the rest of the UK this may cause a knock on effect with both Scotland and Wales requesting different customs arrangements.

Also if we concede to much ground in the withdrawal agreement it does not bode well for negotiating a trade agreement.
    Spoilsport! Speedo Mick has Vaselined himself and his mates up to start counting ships and containers, whilst paddling frantically.

https://ibb.co/gFspKnD

Here is proof that remain is 6 times as good as leave.

EDIT....How do you post images now that Tinypic has done one?

I'm not paying for the service!

Behave yourself!

I think you'll find 59, on the third line down there's a slight error, which obviously throws the whole thing out. I spotted it straight away, I'm surprised you haven't.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)