+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surely it's not a question of whether or not you like Bruce.

I don't like him - cos he has a personality like a wet blanket

nothing of substance about him at all.

has no charisma, or anything that says - this is my team, this is my whatever, we will run this my way ............

top, successful bosses in any walk of life have a certain stature about them - bruce has nothing

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I agree and I didn’t like him even before he managed the mackems - can’t remember why.
    I don’t think he can believe his luck landing this position and salary after the management career he’s had. He’s tried all the tricks since starting to work for SDFC - playing the ‘Geordie’ and humble ‘I don’t understand tactics’ cards. Now he’ s pretending to be insulted by the negative comments.
    The soap opera will go on till he is ousted too late leaving him and Ashley as winners (financially) and the club and supporters as losers.
    I doubt he will be ousted .. Look how long it took Ashley to act with previous failures .
    Ashley's isn't bothered about success ,other than premier survival . His strategy of spending nothing , exposure world wide , Sky cash rolling in , 17th is spot on.. It pisses the fans off.
    Bruce has fully bought into this so much that all you can see is his ankles hanging out of Ashley's considerable ar$e.
    He won't be sacked if we go down , it's just an Ashley gamble gone wrong .
    Ashley will sell Longstaff , Almiron and Joelinton added to parachute payments will come straight back up and probably make a profit.
    Its a bit like keeping a body alive to harvest organs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    I doubt he will be ousted .. Look how long it took Ashley to act with previous failures .
    Ashley's isn't bothered about success ,other than premier survival . His strategy of spending nothing , exposure world wide , Sky cash rolling in , 17th is spot on.. It pisses the fans off.
    Bruce has fully bought into this so much that all you can see is his ankles hanging out of Ashley's considerable ar$e.
    He won't be sacked if we go down , it's just an Ashley gamble gone wrong .
    Ashley will sell Longstaff , Almiron and Joelinton added to parachute payments will come straight back up and probably make a profit.
    Its a bit like keeping a body alive to harvest organs.
    I think he will have a job on trying to shift Almiron and Joelinton. Joelinton is Joselu with a suntan and Almiron couldn’t hit a donkeys ar$e with a banjo. Two absolutely terrible buys

Bruce has been Newcastle manager for 8 premier league games. He has 8 points and two wins and two draws with 4 defeats.
    It's not the best of starts we all would like but considering many keep predicting relegation at every opportunity and pouring scorn on Bruce at every available opportunity with some fans/people, then nobody should really expect any more than what they're seeing.
    However 8 games coming in against a manager who many took on as another messiah type, is no time to judge, rationally.

You can't win with some fans, especially one's that seem to have caught the bitter bug about their own club to a point where they can't take any positives out of it due to their severe hatred/dislike/bemusement of a manager or an owner, etc.

Bruce took the job and took it against a plethora of unrest among fans with Benny not renewing and snaking off to China with everything seemingly sorted for him to start work immediately. Hmmmm....but anyway.

Bruce not only came into the club with little time to adjust, he came into the club by hitching a ride to China to view the squad left to him and also welcome players he likely had little say in the buying/loaning of.

Rafa certainly didn't buy those players in terms of Joelinton, Willems, The Saint, Krafth and Andy Carroll.

Talk about a baptism of fire.
    Not only does he have to get the players on his side, he has to get the players amalgamated.

It's not surprising he's going to chop and change to try and get a full idea of what the players are capable of.
    People say he lost the dressing room earlier on in the season with Norwich and lately with Leicester.
    He proved otherwise with the performance against Man Utd that there is a togetherness and the squad seem to have his back as he seems to have theirs.

But that was played down as us beating a garbage Man Utd rather than a good well drilled performance by us.

He also had the balls to play the Longstaff's in centre mid and change the team up to suit. It worked a treat and that's not a manager that doesn't know what he's doing but that's what gets bandied about by some.

Regardless of whether you are not fussed on Bruce, (just as I wasn't fussed on Benny at times) he has to have a chance to see what he can do...and a fair crack of the whip.
    His fate is in the hands on the hierarchy not the fans who dislike him...unless they make his life a misery. Hopefully this doesn't happen if he's doing ok.

If you love Newcastle United you'll wish him the best and hope for some semblance of success.
    If he produces dire football throughout the season then I'd expect him to be barracked if we don't gain anything.
    Rafa was afforded almost messiah following and he had 3 and a third seasons to tweak his squads onto better things and we ended up going backwards.

Let's see what Bruce can achieve.
    His first goal is to stave off doomsday (relegation) and then, if he achieves that he can try and better the 13th Rafa left us with after 3 and a third seasons, before scarpering to his next exciting project in China, of counting money.

If Bruce fails then he fails....but let's understand what failure is with Newcastle United. For me it's relegation this season. I'd class that as a failure on Bruce's part.
    Avoiding by a whisker, I'd class as a unimpressive end of season.
    Anything above that in terms of comfortably above relegation - points wise - would be a fair modicum of success for him and a hope to move on.
    If we manage to finish somewhere in or near the top 10, I'd say it's a remarkable achievement for a man who came in to a cold unwelcoming atmosphere with little prep time.

All in all no matter what anyone thinks of what I write here, we're all Newcastle United fans/supporters and deep down we all want the club to do well on and off the field...but our main focus is enjoying the game of football and potential points haul from those games, whether we argue it or not.

If people can't take delight from a game because their mindset is too focused on what they believe is behind the scenes then I can only say this: you're doing yourselves no favours, mentally.
    Our lives are short at the best of times, so holding grudges hurts nobody but yourselves.

We all love to moan when things don't go well. It's the nature of the beast within us.
    However out of bad comes good and out of despair comes hope and negatives can be eventually overcome by positives. It's about allowing yourself to follow your own thoughts and not be caught up with a pied piper following mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Bruce has been Newcastle manager for 8 premier league games. He has 8 points and two wins and two draws with 4 defeats.
    It's not the best of starts we all would like but considering many keep predicting relegation at every opportunity and pouring scorn on Bruce at every available opportunity with some fans/people, then nobody should really expect any more than what they're seeing.
    However 8 games coming in against a manager who many took on as another messiah type, is no time to judge, rationally.

You can't win with some fans, especially one's that seem to have caught the bitter bug about their own club to a point where they can't take any positives out of it due to their severe hatred/dislike/bemusement of a manager or an owner, etc.

Bruce took the job and took it against a plethora of unrest among fans with Benny not renewing and snaking off to China with everything seemingly sorted for him to start work immediately. Hmmmm....but anyway.

Bruce not only came into the club with little time to adjust, he came into the club by hitching a ride to China to view the squad left to him and also welcome players he likely had little say in the buying/loaning of.

Rafa certainly didn't buy those players in terms of Joelinton, Willems, The Saint, Krafth and Andy Carroll.

Talk about a baptism of fire.
    Not only does he have to get the players on his side, he has to get the players amalgamated.

It's not surprising he's going to chop and change to try and get a full idea of what the players are capable of.
    People say he lost the dressing room earlier on in the season with Norwich and lately with Leicester.
    He proved otherwise with the performance against Man Utd that there is a togetherness and the squad seem to have his back as he seems to have theirs.

But that was played down as us beating a garbage Man Utd rather than a good well drilled performance by us.

He also had the balls to play the Longstaff's in centre mid and change the team up to suit. It worked a treat and that's not a manager that doesn't know what he's doing but that's what gets bandied about by some.

Regardless of whether you are not fussed on Bruce, (just as I wasn't fussed on Benny at times) he has to have a chance to see what he can do...and a fair crack of the whip.
    His fate is in the hands on the hierarchy not the fans who dislike him...unless they make his life a misery. Hopefully this doesn't happen if he's doing ok.

If you love Newcastle United you'll wish him the best and hope for some semblance of success.
    If he produces dire football throughout the season then I'd expect him to be barracked if we don't gain anything.
    Rafa was afforded almost messiah following and he had 3 and a third seasons to tweak his squads onto better things and we ended up going backwards.

Let's see what Bruce can achieve.
    His first goal is to stave off doomsday (relegation) and then, if he achieves that he can try and better the 13th Rafa left us with after 3 and a third seasons, before scarpering to his next exciting project in China, of counting money.

If Bruce fails then he fails....but let's understand what failure is with Newcastle United. For me it's relegation this season. I'd class that as a failure on Bruce's part.
    Avoiding by a whisker, I'd class as a unimpressive end of season.
    Anything above that in terms of comfortably above relegation - points wise - would be a fair modicum of success for him and a hope to move on.
    If we manage to finish somewhere in or near the top 10, I'd say it's a remarkable achievement for a man who came in to a cold unwelcoming atmosphere with little prep time.

All in all no matter what anyone thinks of what I write here, we're all Newcastle United fans/supporters and deep down we all want the club to do well on and off the field...but our main focus is enjoying the game of football and potential points haul from those games, whether we argue it or not.

If people can't take delight from a game because their mindset is too focused on what they believe is behind the scenes then I can only say this: you're doing yourselves no favours, mentally.
    Our lives are short at the best of times, so holding grudges hurts nobody but yourselves.

We all love to moan when things don't go well. It's the nature of the beast within us.
    However out of bad comes good and out of despair comes hope and negatives can be eventually overcome by positives. It's about allowing yourself to follow your own thoughts and not be caught up with a pied piper following mindset.
    Load of repetitive b0ll0x.

Sorry. But Brucie Baby is absolutely useless.

Having said that, I wouldn't want him or the team to fail. Much like the Fat Cu'ntroller, supporting this team just means long term suffering until something better happens to this club.

Patience is required.

The Saint reintroduces some excitement on the pitch. But this club is completely broken. Brucie at the helm is just a symptom of that; not something to rejoice about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)