+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doncaster Rovers Post Match Thought

Doncaster Rovers Post Match Thought

As it's a Mickey Mouse competition we're limited to a single thought tonight around our 3-2 win. Mine? Sounds like it was a bit of an experiment that went a lot better than some of the ones I tried out in Chemistry at school.

Thought?

Just sorted out my sock drawer.
    Very pleased and well worth the time invested doing it

Left foot finishes. Marvellous. Albarino doesn't ruin keyboards. Doh! thats 2

So was it worth it?

The unveiling of Lamy?

Yes he was looked strong, fit, quick found his players well. Some good crosses, tracked back Had hard luck with a shot that hit the cross bar as well. Well worth the wait.

Then Clarke came on in the second half looked a bit raw as you would expect but a pocket rocket and a smartly taken goal.

Then Kayode came on. Looked stronger and quicker than the last time I saw him : a real handful.

Morris played better in spite of his pen miss and the game changed for the better when Lyndsey came on.

For a spell in the second half we were bursting like fireworks in their half of the pitch and it was good to see.

Ok its only the M Mouse cup but we have a lot to look forward to if that is a taste of things to come from our young players because donny were no slouches and had no answer to them.

In spite of our usual defensive frailties those of you who decided not to go missed a treat. Jones was our best defender by the way.

The future is bright and it is red and white.

Well done Warney. Lets get em integrated into the first team and watch us go!
    Last edited by rolymiller; 08-10-2019 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Left foot finishes. Marvellous.
    After Busby's Babes, Fergie's Fledglings, Manager's Midgets... we now have Warney's Wains. Goalposts down for jumpers, isn't it? Hmm...?

No one can dispute that the magic of the G-string.com trophy is still alive..
    Its a strange feeling I have. Winning momentum is good, the ability to come back from a losing position is good, winning a game is good, getting some game time into the fringe players is good. This competition is bad, progressing in this competition is bad, taking this competition seriously is bad.

We really could do without this silly distraction in my opinion, and focus fully on getting ourselves up the table. Losing the next game in this competition would be a bonus.

Sat at the back of ES3 last night & sat directly in front of me was Terry McPhillips. He had all the tactics sheets & was constantly writing. I thought, he looks like a scout. I was trying to look over his shoulder but his writing was too small. Warney ! Watch it ! Blackpool are watching.

I wouldn't worry too much. I watched the match on I-Follow with my mate Phil McTerry and he spoke a load of testes too.

Like it 😃

Ha! Keep up the good work I'm off to bed :-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast