+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wish we were back in the Championship.

I wish we were back in the Championship.

Only joking but does anyone still think this way?

I don't know...

The pros of being in the championship is that the games come thick and fast and you always feel you can win every game. But the quality of the football itself if quite poor. But the kudos of being a top team in the country in the top flight and the possibility of taking scalps like man City is a big pro.

It's nice to be back of MOTD too

Totally agree with Sam. The Championship gave me VFM, excitement, and re-energised my love for The Villa. A bit like a dirty weekend away/holiday with one's partner. A period of time away from the grindstone, if you like.

Well, we couldn’t stay away forever. We have new bosses now, so it’s back to the hard work and the ‘nitty-gritty’ of keeping our heads above water.

With a bit of DIY and restoration/renovation work replacing any future vacations.

I think a bit like only fools and horses, winning the jackot ruined them and the show. It was always better striving to the ultimate goal. We were desperate, lost our way, failed at Wembley but kept going, we got our reward, Happy? Well, were never going to win the premier league are we!
    Loved the championship but would rather be where we are now than having to share the league with the peaky blinders and the unwashed from smethick!!! Both sh it holes.

Liked the old school feel of the Championship, playing twice a week and becoming a better side under DS - key moments were losing at Wembley and Whelan's penalty miss vs Preston along with Jack's return from injury. We could so easily have become the next Leeds had we not gone up and Derby did us a massive favour in the semis as I didn't fancy our chances against them.

Loving the football in the Prem, think we will get better at managing games and maybe another striker in January needed depending on where we're at.

Agree with all of the above but will always be remembered for the 10 on the spin, that win away at Rotherham after being 1 down a man down and a missed penalty! Oh and lets not forget the future king of England jumping for joy at wembley with big John Carew......

Sod the Championship. We nearly did a Leeds!

Why start the thread then?

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Why start the thread then?
    Because it's a forum Dave.

Ok well my take on it is this. If we were doing awful and getting beat every week like we did under Sherwood and Lambert I can see why the Championship night be the better option. However now we have a rich owner who invested heavily this summer and suddenly we have a very exiting squad. IMO were a top 8 team already. The summer signings were superb. I think we're better than Manu this season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)