+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I wish we were back in the Championship.

Bongo i understand its a forum but even your repost is all over the place. I think maybe its too early to remeniss, let ask the question again at the end of the season? Better than Manure? Not yet....

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Why start the thread then?
    Bongo’s Modus Operandi Quantity over Quality

Starts thread then posts 3 replies

# 10 Highlights his characteristic diagnostic hyperbole

Not knocking Bongo' just keeping him on his toes' like me he is obviously bored from the lack of football..

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Ok well my take on it is this. If we were doing awful and getting beat every week like we did under Sherwood and Lambert I can see why the Championship night be the better option. However now we have a rich owner who invested heavily this summer and suddenly we have a very exiting squad. IMO were a top 8 team already. The summer signings were superb. I think we're better than Manu this season.
    Bongo - you were always glass half full under Lambert ("I'll give him 'til Christmas" being your stock riposte). Sherwood had to re-build a side after selling Benteke & Delph along with the steady Cleverley going back to Everton. That new look side was never thrashed (unable to hold onto a lead - tactics Tim) until he knew he was about to be sacked - he was badly let down by the club and when you've Gestede & Flabby Gabby up front plus a non battle-hardened midfield it isn't going to end well. That side would have gone down in the Championship and under Di Matteo's expensively assembled side it looked like it was going to happen.

The difference between the two leagues is colossal - one involves huge money and good technical players, the other is less craft & more brawn. Championship is like the old days in older stadiums with character, having sampled both I'd like the football of the Prem but the old school atmosphere of the C'ship. Cake and eat it!

I felt Lambert did a decent job considering the finances. He was restricted to buying players like Lowton Westwood etc. I was always going to give him time. Sherwood and the board was the ones that messed up with 70m spent on inadequate players and lost the plot on his second season.
    There is no right or wrong on this but personally I hated the Championship especially when we were loosing to the likes of Burton etc and have local teams rubbing it in every week. Karma eh!
    I was so scared we would go bust and never get out of the league.
    Anyway onwards and upwards. We have a great team, manager, spirit and fans.
    UTV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)