+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boyd on Shankland or is it United!

Boyd on Shankland or is it United!

i have just read Boyd's opinion on the Shankland call up! What a total p***k, he is not slagging LS himself he says, but has totally shown his contempt for Dundee United, all because we allegedly put them down! He is trying to justify that playing at a higher level means better standard. What have these so called quality players done in the dark blue, virtually zero. Look at previous results you idiot!

For to long Scotland have picked on club played for rather than actual ability. in the 80s we had a few more that should have pulled on that jersey, other than the usual suspects.

People like Boyd and Chick Young are blinkered by their OF connections, and are incapable of impartiality. I liked Boyd as striker, but his punditry/commentary are absolute cr*p.

LS I hope you get a chance and if you don't score, there is a £20M EPL who hasn't done so either! Good luck and fwiw I think you should have been picked whilst at Ayr, as should have Dobbie in his prime, the only salient point he makes.

Most of what he says is true until he starts mentioning salaries and size of club. That's where the attack starts. That and the fact he thinks Shankland is only a 'penalty box striker', well that just proves he has little or no idea wtf he's talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Most of what he says is true until he starts mentioning salaries and size of club. That's where the attack starts. That and the fact he thinks Shankland is only a 'penalty box striker', well that just proves he has little or no idea wtf he's talking about.
    Ally McCoist was the ultimate penalty box striker, bet he wouldn't criticise him!! What a p@p!

Boyd is one of those orcs that thinks that Sevco having to start from scratch as a new club in the bottom league was somehow the fault of DUFC.

I remember him implying as much on Sportsound not so long ago, and he also implied that our plight in the Championship was resulting karma for our part in the old Rangers demise LOL! What a belter!

Tom English wasn't having it BTW, and told him he was talking absolute nonsense.

Boyd's a complete imbecile. Why he gets allowed on the airwaves or invited to comment in the 'papers is beyond me.

What is sad is that this kind of rubbish spouted by Boyd is tolerated on BBC Scotland. It just shows how much the game is bent in favour of Sevco and Celtic everywhere. Paddy Bonner, an ex Celtic player gets PAID by the BBC to comment on the obvious. It's rotten to the core.

I accept the nonsense spouted isn't directed at Shankland in particular but it is directed towards United by these 'experts' because it sells to a large percentage of their viewer/readership, namely huns but westcoast in general.

Quote Originally Posted by ranaldarab View Post
    I accept the nonsense spouted isn't directed at Shankland in particular but it is directed towards United by these 'experts' because it sells to a large percentage of their viewer/readership, namely huns but westcoast in general.
    Tiresome stuff. He's a zombie, who cares what he thinks.

It may well work out for shanks in the international side or it may nt. I personally hope he gets a get a game and scores. Stick it right up the Boyds and young of this world. The lad is the inform striker at the mo. Despite the league he plays in. We Shld give him a shot, and see how it pans. Nothing to lose when you look at the other strikers who are available. Openly airing in the media and criticising his selection due to the league he plays in will nt benefit the national side or lad.

Any sevco supporter that blames united for the demise of the club that used to play at their ground - oh dear

Its a bit like a bad conspiracy theorist being allowed to be a news reporter

There are decent journalists about and the BBC should be employing them

It's like blaming the postman for bringing you bills you can't afford to pay.

Rangers death was Rangers fault...no-one else's.

As someone that works down here, I can also confirm that the hatred is also from the abondoned match that " Thompson made rangers fans pay twice whilst United fans got in for free"

Personally, I believe we are hated because Conway and Goodwillie wouldn't sign for them and the fact that they couldn't buy a win against us at the time and the fact that we have put their tribute act to the sword each time we have played them also.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)