+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boyd on Shankland or is it United!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I didnt watch it either, but i would think quite a few players looked well out their depth last night.
    Usual match ......... Andy Robertson look right..............Virgil van Dijk

Scotland match .........look right............... Charlie Mulgrew

No offence to Charlie, but Andy must be wondering if it's worth risking injury playing for Scotland.

He always will though, as you can see in his interviews, but........... it must be really frustrating.

Not picking on CM , just making a comparison.

Listened to the second half on BBC radio, and Shankland was initially mentioned a fair bit. However, CM was mentioned in at least 2 of the goals thereafter.

When i look around the Scottish top league, i despair at the lack of players who i believe can make it. Then i look doon sooth and the lack of Scottish talent is there to (not) see!

Billy Dodds mentioned him a LOT.... all negative. I get the feeling (for some reason) he doesn't like him.

No idea why , but he didn't have a good game (who did?)

We are , as Steve Clarke said " rock bottom" and as Yazz & The Plastic Population said ................

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    We are , as Steve Clarke said " rock bottom" and as Yazz & The Plastic Population said ................
    I think we have further to go before we actually hit rock bottom. Nae point in blaming the manager as his employers are the reason the manager doesnt have a decent pool of players to choose from. Destroyed Sir Craigs career, now Stevie Clarke is nearing the end!

I watched the match, all of it, luckily not on BBC Scotland.

Firstly, regarding Shankland, when he came on Scotland had their most fluent spell, a coincidence perhaps but a fact. He showed good positional sense, had some good touches and accurate lay offs. No Tangerine specs there.
    What happened next is the team went into meltdown for a variety of reasons and he never really featured much after that because the midfield weren't able to create anything for him.

Andy is getting pelters from some fans, completely unjustly as a previous poster pointed out.

Mulgrew is awful, so is Snodgrass imo.

Wouldn't judge the others players too harshly, McGinn, folk seem to think he's better than what he is, but maybe with better players around him he'd show up better.
    The boy Palmer despite being too narrow for most of the game, I can see some potential there because he actually tries to play football, find a blue shirt etc but too early to say. Clarke is trying to find players who will knit in time to become a team but the need to try them out is costing him big time because it's so early into what he's trying to do.

What mystified me was leaving Forrest and Christie out of the starting line up.
    Sad days to be a Scotland fan but Shankland did ok. Most of the west coast want the lad to fail, so no surprise there eh?

I think we have further to go before we actually hit rock bottom. Nae point in blaming the manager as his employers are the reason the manager doesnt have a decent pool of players to choose from. Destroyed Sir Craigs career, now Stevie Clarke is nearing the end!
    Really Chick ? Can it get any worse? I really hope not!

Let's just stick with the manager and the squad , give it a few years and lets see what happens.

I was quite happy with what Strachan was doing to be honest, but hey ....... # blazirz

Despite him being one of the McGinns, i quite like the lad, and to have the scoring record he has in the Premiership now, there must be something about him.
    Last edited by Chick A Saw; 11-10-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Really Chick ? Can it get any worse? I really hope not!

Let's just stick with the manager and the squad , give it a few years and lets see what happens.

I was quite happy with what Strachan was doing to be honest, but hey ....... # blazirz
    Sadly i do think there is more rungs to go on that rotten ladder, and it wont change until change is made at SFA/SPFL top level. I agree in this case that we should be staying with the manager we have, but there are far too many fans who think Scotland are still in the glory years and cannot give any manager enough time.

As for Strachan, just dinnae like him, or many others who have held the position over the last few decades. But i cant remember the last time i actually sat through a whole Scotland game so am hardly best placed to comment.

Sadly i do think there is more rungs to go on that rotten ladder, and it wont change until change is made at SFA/SPFL top level. I agree in this case that we should be staying with the manager we have, but there are far too many fans who think Scotland are still in the glory years and cannot give any manager enough time.

As for Strachan, just dinnae like him, or many others who have held the position over the last few decades. But i cant remember the last time i actually sat through a whole Scotland game so am hardly best placed to comment.
    Can't actually remember what led to Strachan leaving - was it simply non qualifications??
    What I do know is he's an arrogant egotistical argumentative guy who thinks he's a comedian but isn't funny. And I'd say that even if he had United connections as opposed to Le Fun. So chances are the SFA couldn't hack him anymore.

I hear that Strachan can be quite truthful when he needs to be, and some people just cant handle that!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)