+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Boyd on Shankland or is it United!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I hear that Strachan can be quite truthful when he needs to be, and some people just cant handle that!
    If that's the case he needs to tell Nelms that McPoke is sh.ite

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    If that's the case he needs to tell Nelms that McPoke is sh.ite
    Like i said, when he needs to be and its way too soon for that!

Back to Scotland as a dying patient on the operating table let's play football manager (yes I'm bored)
    Ok Tierney after 12 years injury is finally fit for selection again. Would you play him at right back or CB where I believe has occasionally played or would you put him into Andy's left back position and move Andy into midfield.
    All pointless stuff to be fair but might fill in a few minutes before United play next.

I think we’ll suffer for a bit short term, but hopefully for long term gain. I like Clarke, and think he is the type of manager who won’t be bullied into simply picking past it old firm players, and I think previous managers have created a lot of the problems. Rather than build a new team with young hungry players, which obviously would mean inconsistency and defeats initially, but at least they would mature together into a team with good understanding, they have played safe with the Scott Broons and Kenny Millers of this world, and lets be honest, we’ve still achieved feck all with that approach.

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    I think we’ll suffer for a bit short term, but hopefully for long term gain. I like Clarke, and think he is the type of manager who won’t be bullied into simply picking past it old firm players, and I think previous managers have created a lot of the problems. Rather than build a new team with young hungry players, which obviously would mean inconsistency and defeats initially, but at least they would mature together into a team with good understanding, they have played safe with the Scott Broons and Kenny Millers of this world, and lets be honest, we’ve still achieved feck all with that approach.
    That's how I see it as well. Question is will the west coast media buy into it

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Yeah, completely agree with that.

Dont want to be seen to agree with you Ballumbie, but im sure its a concept that has worked for many countries in the past.

My fear though, is there enough young talent out there at a young enough age to be brought together and worked on? We seem to have a number of players who come through the ranks together at under whatever age, but once they get into that neverland at their respective clubs, between reserve and first team football where they all disappear!

In short, the next Scotland manager needs more than time, but there does not appear to be the structure to deliver what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    That's how I see it as well. Question is will the west coast media buy into it
    Good point, and might mean unwanted pressure!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Yeah, completely agree with that.
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Dont want to be seen to agree with you Ballumbie, but im sure its a concept that has worked for many countries in the past.

My fear though, is there enough young talent out there at a young enough age to be brought together and worked on? We seem to have a number of players who come through the ranks together at under whatever age, but once they get into that neverland at their respective clubs, between reserve and first team football where they all disappear!

In short, the next Scotland manager needs more than time, but there does not appear to be the structure to deliver what we need.
    I’m old enough to remember when Scottish players were the backbone of English football (i.e. their top league), but those days are sadly gone, and will never return. The old firm have ruined Scottish development, during their selfish pursuit of being “best of the west” during the late 80’s / 90’s when Souness took over, then it was a scrap for the “nine in a row” nonsense. They simply bought players from all over the world, for the quick fix, and the beeks in the FA still pander to them, to the detriment of everyone else. Does my fecking nut in, and would love if all this talk about them leaving Scotland, would actually happen! I’m sure all the other teams would actually flourish!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)