+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Boyd on Shankland or is it United!

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Boyd is one of those orcs that thinks that Sevco having to start from scratch as a new club in the bottom league was somehow the fault of DUFC.

I remember him implying as much on Sportsound not so long ago, and he also implied that our plight in the Championship was resulting karma for our part in the old Rangers demise LOL! What a belter!

Tom English wasn't having it BTW, and told him he was talking absolute nonsense.

Boyd's a complete imbecile. Why he gets allowed on the airwaves or invited to comment in the 'papers is beyond me.
    From wiki, sums the kunt up pretty well.

Boyd was regularly selected for the Scotland under-21 team, winning eight caps and scoring once.[74]

On 11 May 2006, he made his debut for the Scotland national team and scored twice in a 5–1 win over Bulgaria in the Kirin Cup.[75] Boyd then took part in European Championship qualifying, scoring twice against the Faroe Islands in a 6–0 win and also against Georgia in a 2–1 win, his fifth goal in six games.[76]

On 11 October 2008, Boyd stated that he would not play international football again under manager George Burley. His decision came after Burley had left Boyd on the substitute bench in a 0–0 World Cup qualifying match against Norway, opting to bring on debutant Chris Iwelumo instead. When asked about the decision, Burley stated that Boyd had "to establish himself in the Rangers team, which he hasn't done".[77] After hearing those comments, Boyd contacted Burley to inform him of his decision, and confirmed his decision with Gordon Smith, the chief executive of the Scottish Football Association.[77] At a press conference on 13 October 2008, Burley hinted that the door might not be closed should Boyd reconsider, stating that Boyd, rather than he, had "made the decision", and that "... if [Boyd] is totally committed, that's what the country needs".[78] It was reported on 1 January 2009 that Burley would welcome Boyd back into the Scotland setup if he was willing to return.[79] On 16 November 2009, Burley was sacked as manager of Scotland after winning just three out of four**** games as manager.[80]

After Craig Levein was appointed manager of Scotland in December 2009, Boyd stated that he was "ready and willing" to play for Scotland again.[81] He was called up to the Scotland squad to play against the Czech Republic in a friendly on 3 March, and he received his six****th cap in the second half of the game.[82] His most recent international appearance was in a Euro 2012 qualifier against Liechtenstein on 7 September 2010. Boyd was recalled to the squad for a friendly match with Norway in November 2013, but he did not play.

ie threw his entire Scotland career down the toilet because of a petty ego driven fall out with his manager
    Last edited by stokearab; 11-10-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    On 11 October 2008, Boyd stated that he would not play international football again under manager George Burley. His decision came after Burley had left Boyd on the substitute bench in a 0–0 World Cup qualifying match against Norway, opting to bring on debutant Chris Iwelumo instead.
    To be fair, i would have spat the dummy if Iwelumo got a game ahead of me! Really were scraping the barrel at times!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    To be fair, i would have spat the dummy if Iwelumo got a game ahead of me! Really were scraping the barrel at times!
    Remember his famous miss???
    Was fecking easier to score FFS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    No player asked to sit on a Scotland bench should ever be throwing dummies out.

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    I think we’ll suffer for a bit short term, but hopefully for long term gain. I like Clarke, and think he is the type of manager who won’t be bullied into simply picking past it old firm players, and I think previous managers have created a lot of the problems. Rather than build a new team with young hungry players, which obviously would mean inconsistency and defeats initially, but at least they would mature together into a team with good understanding, they have played safe with the Scott Broons and Kenny Millers of this world, and lets be honest, we’ve still achieved feck all with that approach.
    Hear what you're saying mate, and I like Clarke too, but for me Snodgrass and Mulgrew are the same kind of safe/lazy picks as Brown/Miller.

Well done Lawrence of Arabia

Congratulations Lawrence. Right place right time. Thought his positional play was excellent. I think he'll do even better against higher ranked teams because a lot of the play tonight was right in front of the San Marino defence and that doesn't suit him.
    There will definitely be a seethe across the road.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Hear what you're saying mate, and I like Clarke too, but for me Snodgrass and Mulgrew are the same kind of safe/lazy picks as Brown/Miller.
    Interesting that Snodgrass mysteriously disappeared back to Engerland. The new RB looks a big upgrade on O'Donnell, I like the way he always moves into space after he passes. We do have 6 or 7 very decent players, and I have faith in Clarke to find the missing pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Congratulations Lawrence. Right place right time. Thought his positional play was excellent. I think he'll do even better against higher ranked teams because a lot of the play tonight was right in front of the San Marino defence and that doesn't suit him.
    There will definitely be a seethe across the road.
    No seethe here....another step closer to Ibrox😄

Another few k added too the fee Peter. Pricing the ugly sisters out of contention. So win win. 👍

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)