+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Belper FA Cup £10

The Wheelbarrow and Navi

I wouldn't go in the Wheelbarrow again except to keep warm, £4 for a small Coke? They can bolleaux. £2 in the Embankment and that's still £1.50 too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Yes and no. You can pay on the day, but you can't hand over your tenner at the turnstile. On matchday you have to go to the ticket office first to purchase your ticket, then go to the gates. I would guess that there will only be around 3,000 there for this one, so it shouldn't be much of a problem unless you arrive at the last minute.
    I'm hoping that there will be double the 3,000 you suggest. I think there will be a lot of local interest. The game has been well plugged on Radio Derby and I think there will be a fair few neutrals there looking to see a giant killing. I may be wrong but hopeful for a decent crowd. I remember when I used to watch Arnold playing in the old Midlands League that Belper were always one of their opponents. Used to be some good games in that league. Eastwood, Frickley, Alfreton. George Smith in the Arnold goal, Pete Shepherd on the wing and Roger Rann up front playing at King George's playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    I'm hoping that there will be double the 3,000 you suggest. I think there will be a lot of local interest. The game has been well plugged on Radio Derby and I think there will be a fair few neutrals there looking to see a giant killing. I may be wrong but hopeful for a decent crowd. I remember when I used to watch Arnold playing in the old Midlands League that Belper were always one of their opponents. Used to be some good games in that league. Eastwood, Frickley, Alfreton. George Smith in the Arnold goal, Pete Shepherd on the wing and Roger Rann up front playing at King George's playing field.
    Ex-Notts Bobby Tait played for Arnold in the Midland League. Understand he's in the Notts ex-players association. Saw him at Meadow Lane last year. Great little inside-forward in his day.

Other names, maybe slightly before yours, I remember are Joe Boucher, Pete Burton and Arthur Oldham. They were fun days on George's Rec.

As we're not on tv (bbc have chosen barnet v potters barn) this should help the attendance some what.

Quote Originally Posted by Masson4 View Post
    Ex-Notts Bobby Tait played for Arnold in the Midland League. Understand he's in the Notts ex-players association. Saw him at Meadow Lane last year. Great little inside-forward in his day.

Other names, maybe slightly before yours, I remember are Joe Boucher, Pete Burton and Arthur Oldham. They were fun days on George's Rec.
    I remember Joe Boucher and Pete Burton. George's rec was my second home in those days. We used to play football on there every day after school as well as utilising the putting greens and tennis courts. A great facility for those who lived in Arnold.

How many tiers in the pyramid are Belper below Notts, and have we ever played anyone in a competitive match from that low in the pyramid?

I'm struggling to find this information and any help would be appreciated as my kids are asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    How many tiers in the pyramid are Belper below Notts, and have we ever played anyone in a competitive match from that low in the pyramid?

I'm struggling to find this information and any help would be appreciated as my kids are asking.
    They play three tiers below us at level 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    They play three tiers below us at level 8.
    Thanks Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Masson4 View Post

John Anthony as well. Peter Burton was always 'Shonky'. Bobby Tait ran Arnold Sports for many years.

Joe Boucher was my first footballing hero. I went on a team coach to Frickley and was in total awe when we picked him up.

Spent many happy hours at Gedling Road - real shame when they moved the club out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast