+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tammy Abraham: England prepared to walk off over racist abuse

Looking at the 3 rule guidance from UEFA, for me it simply is not good enough.

The way to combat this is simple. Don’t walk off in the first instance of any heard racial abuse but bring it to the attention of the officials. They in turn monitor this and if it is repeated then by all means remove the players from the pitch and abandon the match.

UEFA receive the Refs report and act accordingly by deducting the points from the offending fans team and award them to the offended team. If that didn’t stop the moronic ignorant knuckle staggers then nothing will.

If this did happen pity those idiots when their fans turn on them.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    I had a few things to say about the content of your post, surely that's more relevant than responding to a third party article!?

In fact, you literally asked a question which I directly addressed. I despair.
    Yes it’s obviously relevant to you because that’s what you wait for but the main point I put the thread up was about the link which include football which you clearly don’t come on here for.

Btw just because I’m the wrong colour does not mean I don’t understand abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I think he answered your post very well,you don’t seem to understand.
    I understand clearly thanks

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    With all due respect, that's because you've most likely lived a live of comparative privilege of not having to be subjected to abuse based on historic and brutal oppression of your ancestors. The why people get upset is simple: we're all human and we experience things a certain way. We cannot always simply rationalise those feelings away because someone happens to be a moron. If you can, good for you, but don't place unfair expectations on victims of abuse for not handling things the way you might think you would.

I'd say be thankful, as I am, that you don't know what it's like to have to experience that. Also try to be understanding and sympathetic to those that do sadly experience it.
    Have you never been racially abused John?

I got called a white ba$tard and a white honky quite a few times in my school days.

I got called a Northern **** when I worked in London and was told to go back home many times because I was taking their jobs . It didn't really bother me back then as I gave as good as I got but some people would have been offended and upset

Don't we all get abuse now because we are linked to Rotherham

Where do you draw the line between what's acceptable abuse and what isn't

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I got called a Northern **** when I worked in London and was told to go back home many times because I was taking their jobs . It didn't really bother me back then as I gave as good as I got but some people would have been offended and upset

Don't we all get abuse now because we are linked to Rotherham

Where do you draw the line between what's acceptable abuse and what isn't
    Weird that I've worked in Hertfordshire and London since 1997 and nothing remotely like that has been said to me once.

Anyway do you think England are right with walking off ?

Same here Flour. I worked in Surrey for 4 years and got called all sorts of stuff like Northern so and so. Also worked in Glasgow on and off for a few years and got called Southern so and so lol
    Worked overseas and got called much worse.

We all had nicknames for each other and some were downright offensive lol for example one lad had a glass eye and was known as Cyclops. One was called Warren ‘cos he was described as warren ugly c**t. Too many more to mention.

I had to learn to live with being called Donkey Nob for years.

People are too precious these days.
    Last edited by sota; 09-10-2019 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    Have you never been racially abused John?

I got called a white ba$tard and a white honky quite a few times in my school days.
    The key thing to consider, which some people seem bewilderingly ignorant towards, is context.

Some people make very offensive jokes with their friends about horrific subjects like, and forgive me, dead babies.

Sometimes people make these jokes and sometimes their friends find them funny. I'd personally not partake, but when done in a context of silliness between friends it is extraordinarily different to making the same joke to a friend who has recently suffered such a heartbreaking bereavement.

Surely with this example, you can see how context would make the same 'level' of comment extraordinarily different depending on the experience and history of the person experiencing it.

If white people had been systematically and violently oppressed, enslaved, trafficked by ancestors of someone who was now using the same racist language towards me in 2019, I might find that a very different context than a white person getting called a 'white *******'.

If people genuinely believe that getting called a 'white b*stard' is equally upsetting to them as it probably is to a historically oppressed people facing that equivalent language used towards their race... I think they're an ignorant, delicate snowflake with zero comprehension of context.

The Bulgarian FA have said that the idea of England players walking off is offensive.

Bit like Fritzel calling someone a bit handsy with their own daughter.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast