+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tammy Abraham: England prepared to walk off over racist abuse

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post

If white people had been systematically and violently oppressed, enslaved, trafficked by ancestors of someone who was now using the same racist language towards me in 2019, I might find that a very different context than a white person getting called a 'white *******'.
    Bulgarians enslaved and trafficked Africans? When was this?

And white people were trafficked and enslaved, the vast majority of them women, snatched from coastal villages to be used as *** slaves, have you never heard of the Barbary Slave Trade?

And aren't the grooming gangs just a modern version of that? Haven't those girls been trafficked and enslaved?

Many people of different races and religions have been slaves but you only concentrate on the European involvement in the transatlantic slave trade, you ignore the Africans who sold fellow Africans into slavery, you ignore the Arab slave trade that existed for many centuries and only relatively recently ended.

Great fire, I made a point about context.

White Europeans, historically, have gone and brutally enslaved people on the basis of their race alone. Modern racist abuse and systemic oppression is a direct legacy of this. Whether a person is from a specific nation or even race that participated is irrelevant if the abuse they are giving is of the same tradition.

In 2019 footballers get racist abuse directly correlated to the history of the transatlantic slave trade.

You are right that many people have been historically enslaved. If those people or their ancestors are facing ongoing abuse in the context of that history while trying to play football (or indeed any situation) I will categorically say that is wrong.

If you have examples that share the same historical context please feel free to spread awareness, we both seem to agree it shouldn't be happening, erm at least I assume you at least agree on that?

Weird whataboutery.

Great fire, I made a point about context.

White Europeans, historically, have gone and brutally enslaved people on the basis of their race alone. Modern racist abuse and systemic oppression is a direct legacy of this. Whether a person is from a specific nation or even race that participated is irrelevant if the abuse they are giving is of the same tradition.

In 2019 footballers get racist abuse directly correlated to the history of the transatlantic slave trade.

You are right that many people have been historically enslaved. If those people or their ancestors are facing ongoing abuse in the context of that history while trying to play football (or indeed any situation) I will categorically say that is wrong.

If you have examples that share the same historical context please feel free to spread awareness, we both seem to agree it shouldn't be happening, erm at least I assume you at least agree on that?

Weird whataboutery.
    You're just being selective with history to suit your agenda.

Czechs and Bulgarians didn't colonise Africa or enslave Africans.

Are you saying that because they're white then they have to to take responsibility too?

In which case are all black people responsible for the genocide in Rwanda?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    You're just being selective with history to suit your agenda.

Czechs and Bulgarians didn't colonise Africa or enslave Africans.

Are you saying that because they're white then they have to to take responsibility too?

In which case are all black people responsible for the genocide in Rwanda?
    OK, you're being ridiculous.

People using racist language at a football match, in the context of trying to cause offence (in this particular and most frequent instance seemingly a legacy of the transatlantic slave trade).... it does not matter who the person making the comments is, what skin colour they have or whether there ancestors were involved or not in any capacity... they shouldn't be engaging in such abuse and should be punished equally. Is that better?

I'm asking people to take responsibility for the language and abuse they engage in, not for the history of their ancestors. What an extraordinary leap you've taken!

Also of course I'm not saying all white people are responsible for the transatlantic slave trade as your Rwanda comment seems to imply, no need to be such a gammon.
    Last edited by John2; 10-10-2019 at 05:10 PM.

Can’t put **** all on here without someone using it for their own agenda

Care to enlighten us as to what your agenda was when you created the topic?!

Care to enlighten us as to what your agenda was when you created the topic?!
    MT was merely highlighting what the ENGLAND players intend to do in order to support their fellow players and nothing at all to do with slavery, which you always want to seem to take out of context and to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    MT, totally agree pal. Slightest opportunity and off they go turning it into another race, political or any other agenda so long as they can hype it up to who can post the most drawling bolox.

Why can't some folk on here just stick to the topic that was all about England players showing support and nothing else?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    and nothing at all to do with slavery
    With reports of fans in these countries making monkey chants, what do you think is the historical context of these chants? Please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Chill Millertop, they are just shallow people trying to look intelligent.

Walter Mitty types and fake lawyers.

Without cut and paste they would be silent.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast