+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Tammy Abraham: England prepared to walk off over racist abuse

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Yes England team handled it very well, if only others followed.

FA want action from UEFA, I agree you want action but how about our own football Associations get their house in order
    Non league Padiham FC have been fined for leaving the pitch in protest at racist abuse towards their keeper.

Bulgarian manager didn’t hear anything
    He also says that’s it’s a bigger problem in England than Bulgaria but still he doesn’t hear anything

From a Journalist
    Gareth Southgate post-match press conference briefly interrupted by Bulgarian journalist who’s convinced racism at the game was not as bad as we witnessed. Bulgarian cameraman next to me tells Southgate to **** off at the end

This is a bit more like it.......

The Bulgarian prime minister has called for the head of the country's football association to resign after England players were racially abused in a European qualifier in Sofia on Monday.

After yesterday's shameful loss of the Bulgarian National Team and given the bad results of our football, I ordered to end any relationship with BFU, including financial, until the withdrawal of Borislav Mihaylov from the post."

England forward Raheem Sterling tweeted to describe the call for Mihaylov to resign as a "good move".

It,s a strange one this scenario because i genuinely havent heard racist abuse at a Roth game since the 1980,s so im not sure what to make of it regarding problems in England.
    Many people have said it,s rife in our game though so maybe the English FA do need a strong action plan of their own and it has to be a bit more robust than a few banners saying kick racism out.
    It,s a bit pot kettle black until we get our own house in order.
    Last edited by flourbasher; 15-10-2019 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Yes England team handled it very well, if only others followed.

FA want action from UEFA, I agree you want action but how about our own football Associations get their house in order
    I'm not convinced to be honest.

The England players backed by the English FA raised the stakes by very public announcements about what they were (or weren't) going to do. In effect they threw down the gauntlet

This allowed the right wing fanatics to pick up that gauntlet, answer the challenge with last nights antics, and that gave them global coverage.

Nothing was achieved, the players were still abused, the abusers just walking out of the stadium laughing all the way to the pub or next display of hatred.

What next? Throw Bulgaria out of the competitions? Close the grounds to fans?

That would have no effect whatsoever on those right wing fanatics, many of which I suspect aren't football fans.

Intetesting split here.

On the one hand we have Grist saying the players comments had the full backing of the FA and therefore the whole situation was mismanaged by the FA.

On the other Idiot saying the FA had no prior knowledge of what the players were to say in interviews - and therefore mismanaged by the FA.

Who wants to take up my bet that Ross Barkley will get fined more for his middle finger salute than the Bulgarian FA?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Intetesting split here.

On the one hand we have Grist saying the players comments had the full backing of the FA and therefore the whole situation was mismanaged by the FA.

On the other Idiot saying the FA had no prior knowledge of what the players were to say in interviews - and therefore mismanaged by the FA.

Well not exactly, my point was that the players were quick to talk to the press, and the FA commenting that they were happy with following the "protocol" of telling ref, stopping match to make public announcements, walking off etc

I suspected that they wouldn't actually walk off, and I reckon the right wing morons also thought that. Their collective walking out after stage 2 had been carried out (twice) showed that they held control of the situation not the football authorities.

After all of the bluster nothing was achieved last night, if anything it's more of a mess than it was before. Like some stupid form of poker, raising the stakes until one folds.

Grist quote "The England players backed by the English FA raised the stakes by very public announcements about what they were (or weren't) going to do."

Idiot quote "But is clear to me the FA do not have a policy at all about players talking to the media about these issues."

You cant both be right.

I suppose something was achieved in the sense that it,s raised the profile of this issue a bit higher but it now depends whether something concrete is going to be done.
    Leaving it to the players and ref to decide whether to walk off or not isn,t the answer.

Ian Wright said it was going on for the whole of his career and he was told to just get on with it. It,s taken a long time for the English FA to take it seriously

To me it looked like a recruitment broadcast for members to join the loony right wing club.

Football lost

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast