+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Covid inquest costs.

O/T Covid inquest costs.

Going to top £100 million pounds.
    Is it really worth the costs?
    Cost of living crisis and the costs are rising.
    What’s the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    What’s the point?
    I believe that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    What’s the point?
    What's the point? I'm not sure if this post is serious or not.

The pandemic turned all of our lives upside down. We were not at all prepared for it and huge mistakes were made that cost many lives and freedoms.

Pandemics like it occur once every 100 years, and another like it could occur at any time.

For less than £1.50 per person, the enquiry will try and work out what went wrong so that we can help prevent other pandemics, and if they do happen we can minimise the disruption and suffering for whichever generation next experiences it.

Maybe it will be our generation again, maybe it will be your grandchildren. I think it's money well spent!

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post

The pandemic turned all of our lives upside down. We were not at all prepared for it and huge mistakes were made that cost many lives and freedoms.

Pandemics like it occur once every 100 years, and another like it could occur at any time.

For less than £1.50 per person, the enquiry will try and work out what went wrong so that we can help prevent other pandemics, and if they do happen we can minimise the disruption and suffering for whichever generation next experiences it.

Maybe it will be our generation again, maybe it will be your grandchildren. I think it's money well spent!
    Yes it’s serious.
    Is it a witch hunt or something we will learn from?
    Will be a chance to score political points imo.

There is no point because they've already decided on the findings.

That was on Yes, Minister. Never set up an inquiry unless you know in advance what its findings will be.

These London legal types love their inquests and the money it provides them with.
    . Jobs for the boys. No control on spending, blank cheque book. It’s a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    These London legal types love their inquests and the money it provides them with.
    . Jobs for the boys. No control on spending, blank cheque book. It’s a disgrace.
    Ping! In one Sir and bang on. You can almost here them now.....''Let's all us legal eagles drag this out and get filthy rich from it''

John2 thinks it's all about £1.50 per person to see what went wrong . We know who screwed up, who got rich from it so why blow an 'estimated' £100 Million of the tax payers money to deliver an outcome where no one is tarnished or made to pay for all the failures?

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post

''For less than £1.50 per person, the enquiry will try and work out what went wrong so that we can help prevent other pandemics, and if they do happen we can minimise the disruption and suffering for whichever generation next experiences it.''

You can't stop a pandemic if it's spread correctly. Do you really believe whoever is in charge, if there is a next time, they will learn anything form this shambles? You are deluded. Doesn't matter who is in charge, if there is a next time, they too will make a mess of it again. Any party in this country isn't capable of running anything right.

Utter peanuts compared with the billions, not millions wasted on procuring utterly hopeless PPE by companies set up run and by Tory donors and the likes of Baroness Mone etc - and then having to spend millions to destroy it - this was the ******* party that I used to vote for 😡

Indefensible

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ''For less than £1.50 per person, the enquiry will try and work out what went wrong so that we can help prevent other pandemics, and if they do happen we can minimise the disruption and suffering for whichever generation next experiences it.''

You can't stop a pandemic if it's spread correctly. Do you really believe whoever is in charge, if there is a next time, they will learn anything form this shambles? You are deluded. Doesn't matter who is in charge, if there is a next time, they too will make a mess of it again. Any party in this country isn't capable of running anything right.
    Blimey, what a cynical worldview.

We probably agree they'd struggle to do a worse job than the last time.

Surely we can learn something from an inquiry. Nobody is claiming we can stop all pandemics, but we can definitely be better prepared and reduce the impact/cost/harm.

Do you not want your grandchildren's generation to have had the opportunity to learn from our mistakes? Are you so cynical and defeatist you just don't care about anything anymore? I'd probably feel the same if I was of the generation that had fallen for Brexit lies too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast