+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Tammy Abraham: England prepared to walk off over racist abuse

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    An activist is a person who campaigns to bring about political change. All on here are pushing their views, campaigning on a public forum, for the change (or no change as is the case in some!) they want to see and nothing wrong with that is there?

I wish for a footy site with no ot posts and no political agendas being pushed. Maybe you should have a word with those who keep starting them?
    May be worth putting down that shovel and take a rest

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    May be worth putting down that shovel and take a rest
    Hallelujah to that.

Don’t think the poor lad gets it. Despite all the bluster.

In answer:

I don’t think English players should be looking to walk off and maybe there is a unhealthy fixation in football and the media, in this country.

Massive strides have been made on the subject.

We’re getting there. Awareness is everything but you can’t educate everyone overnight.

Whatever the law is.

It’s not all black and white. No pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    The Bulgarian FA have now made a formal complaint to UEFA claiming that the comments made by England players are unjust and exaggerated and that the English FA is fixated on the topic.
    They cant have too much of a case against England players comments as Bulgaria has a two-match partial stadium closure for racist abuse during June’s home qualifiers against the Czech Republic and Kosovo. The second of those 2 games is against England.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Hallelujah to that.

In answer:

I don’t think English players should be looking to walk off and maybe there is a unhealthy fixation in football and the media, in this country.

We’re getting there. Awareness is everything but you can’t educate everyone overnight.

Whatever the law is.

Bejeez. You point to Southgate being th great man who says that we should follow UEFA protocol before walking off. I agreed with the great man that you refer to - that is exactly what we should do.

Yet, you still went (and go) on about me not getting it.

How much more clearly can I say it??! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Hallelujah to that.

In answer:

Whatever the law is.

The think is Howdy these are young lads being pushed to comment on subjects which could almost be classed as a political. I would have said something very different at 21 to now at 60.

I think we have made progress at football in the UK.

Although it seems to be on the rise during international games (which I'd never heard before) and on the increase in the past 5 years. Much of it does not involve England. The Bulgaria ground is being particiall shut for the England game due to abuse in the earlier games against Czech Republic and Kosovo.

Perhaps its on the decline here as a direct result of our 'unhealthy' fixation.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Tbh I don’t know why some get upset over words, yes I know some go too far but why get upset over a moron with a few words ?
    This comment lacks complete understanding and is totally laughable.

It is the background meaning, the hostility towards the recipient and accompanying threat of physical violence which is so upsetting.

Lets be brutally honest. The background meaning to racist abuse is that you are a black person in my 'white' country and you are not welcome here. You should f*ck off home to where you belong. The abuse is often accompanied by aggression and the threat of physical violence.

These are not just words.

I seriously do not think we should place our young sportsmen in this environment. It doesnt happen in any other sport (although Headingley in the 70s and 80s wasnt a welcoming place for West Indies cricketers and I remember Viv Richards going into the crowd after someone).

I don,t comprehend the comments made on this thread about placing abusive comments into context. This appears to be suggesting that some victims of abuse are more worthy of protection than others which isn,t right as all forms of abuse shouldn,t really be tolerated.
    It,s nearly the year 2020 in a world that,s moved on and to place more emphasis on some groups than others is creating further divisions and discrimination that most of us would like to eradicate

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    They cant have too much of a case against England players comments as Bulgaria has a two-match partial stadium closure for racist abuse during June’s home qualifiers against the Czech Republic and Kosovo. The second of those 2 games is against England.
    I don't think they are denying the incidents, their point is that the FA are fixated with the racism topic, and are exaggerating the incidents out of all proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I don,t comprehend the comments made on this thread about placing abusive comments into context. This appears to be suggesting that some victims of abuse are more worthy of protection than others which isn,t right as all forms of abuse shouldn,t really be tolerated.
    It,s nearly the year 2020 in a world that,s moved on and to place more emphasis on some groups than others is creating further divisions and discrimination that most of us would like to eradicate
    Context is all important.

The roles are being reversed in South Africa. White South Africans are on the receiving end of racist abuse that is causing them real distress. The threat is pushing very many to leave the country. If youd racially abused a white South Africans during the Apartheid years it would have had little effect. The context has changed that makes the abuse a very real threat.

yes context is all important

Here's one from that bastion of impartial reporting, the Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-their-players

Now here we have a set of fans singing about two of their players they actually like, no hatred there.

The song itself is very similar in content to the song Millers fans sung about Ajayi.

Note Kick It Out are attempting to fan the flames AGAIN

Context? Yes absolutely, but no evidence of common sense here.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast