+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F a o ponte

F a o ponte

Eyup lad , arrs things , been thinking it's gerrin close to you and Laura evvin your littlun , just to say i hope things go well for you both and all your family , exciting times ahead nar lad ! All the very best to you , Regards Roma x

Yeah ... we’re all waiting mate! All the best... are you coming out of the delivery room half way through the birth?
    She’ll expect no less!

I echo that Roma, special time is this Ponte, all the best to you n your lass

Went to Greenoaks on Monday. They did a scan baby had grown from 7.2 to 7.4 which is a concern. They were happy to send me and Laura home. We asked for a second opinion and asked what would happen to you if you weren't eating for a few days.

Laura was admitted to hospital that night and told the risks involved about induction and possible scesarian section. We explained to the obstetrician our baby is our primary concern.

The baby was still in their safety parameters but they understood and booked her in for an induction on wednesday but stated that if the baby could be induced earlier he would.

By Wednesday me and Laura are still panicking our baby still not growing don't have the induction because of emergencies in the labour suite.

The midwife on duty monitors our babies heart beat it's fine and tells us Laura hasn't been taken down due to staffing issues. She will be taken down and is number 1 priority for induction providing no more emergencies come in. Our baby not growing in two weeks seemingly not one of them.

This morning after seeing the ward manager/ senior midwife the night before and it being explained I went home to rest after 25 hours.

I rang Laura at 10:30 and she was as happy as a pig in the proverbial she told me they were taking her to labour ward at long last.

I rushed downstairs got showered and rushed to be at her side. I met her at the labour ward and we were told that they would induce her either in the labour room or in theatre and by no circumstances she'd be taken back to the ward.

A senior ward manager/ midwife examined laura and to our horror told us that the baby wasn't engaged and her cervix wasn't wide enough apart to iniate induced labour even though theatre induction was an option that would happen.

It was suddenly taken off the table in spite of our anguish. A monitor was done of our babies heartbeat was done along with a pessary fitted and Laura was despatched back to the ward. The disappointment was palpible.

We were then told that the pessary would be fitted for 24 hours to induce natural labour but providing there were no emergencies that the baby would be induced in the theatre that was free today , tomorrow.

Tonight the pessary has caused Laura to have too frequent contractions and has been removed. The baby is in distress and his heart rate may drop.

An emergency scesarian is now a distinct possibilty and me and Laura are both bricking it.

Bloody hell Steve. Fingers crossed mate

Best of luck Steve to both of you & the new young un
    Keep us informed

Hope it goes well Ponte.

I know its tiring and emotional mate, been there missen. Ar lass ed complications during the birth of our 1st daughter and had to be put under and rushed in for an emergency caesarean. What you've got to remember mate is that you're missis and child are in very good hands with experts who know what they're doing with Laura and baby Ponte being constantly monitored. That can only be a positive. Try and be as calm as you can possibly be mate and stay positive for your lass and baby. I'm sure everything will be fine. My thoughts are with you all, take care mi owd

Hope all is now good mate. The football family of Barnsley are behind you. What’s happening at the Club means Jack really for you, and that means us... we are with you mate!
    Hurry up and give us some good news.... we need a reason to lift a glass.

Baby George born 13:00 today by scesarean section 6lb 12 oz. Mother n' baby doing fine. Im buzzing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast