+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- tweet by leave eu

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Nobody 'won' WW2. It was eventually settled by the dropping of atomic bombs which killed thousands of innocent people. What you see as a victory, any normal person would see as an atrocity.
    That's not strictly true, is it? VE day is on 8th May and the first atom bomb wasn't dropped until August 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Thats why the conchies want wiping out. Say that to all the men that gave their lives for this country.
    Lots of men (and women and children) lost their lives for lots of countries. But in your sad, bigoted world, only the Brits matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    That's not strictly true, is it? VE day is on 8th May and the first atom bomb wasn't dropped until August 6th.
    That's why I said "eventually settled". The war in Europe was sorted, but it didn't end until Japan surrendered.

Conchie

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Conchie
    Bigot.

That's why I said "eventually settled". The war in Europe was sorted, but it didn't end until Japan surrendered.
    It wasn't a World War by then, ony Japan was fighting on. We (sorry the Americans, Britain took no part in the war) would have won anyway but it would have taken longer and cost many more lives, lives of people who didn't seek to start a war in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    It wasn't a World War by then, ony Japan was fighting on. We (sorry the Americans, Britain took no part in the war) would have won anyway but it would have taken longer and cost many more lives, lives of people who didn't seek to start a war in the first place.
    That may be true, but it was still classed as the second world war rather than a separate conflict. My earlier post referred to what is generally accepted as the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    Hitler declared war on USA, not the other way around, and Russia hid behind the Ribbentrop /Molotov pact until Barbarossa kicked Stalin's door down.
    Without Britain fighting on , Hitler would have moved his whole Western Army onto the Eastern Front, and the USA would have had no foothold in Europe.
    You're right about Xenophobia , but to treat Britain's role with that level of disdain, does you no credit
    Fair point. I was clearing out my mother's old house today before it's sold next week and found some of my Dad's old holiday snaps. Well, he went away to North Africa from 41/42. Lots of young English men (RAF) in those pictures who didn't make it back to England. Did it achieve anything? Well, yes ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_African_campaign

Operation Torch in November 1942 was a compromise operation that met the British objective of securing victory in North Africa while allowing American armed forces the opportunity to engage in the fight against Nazi Germany on a limited scale.[14] In addition, as Joseph Stalin, the leader of the Soviet Union, had long been pleading for a second front to be opened to engage the Wehrmacht and relieve pressure on the Red Army, it provided some degree of relief for the Red Army on the Eastern Front by diverting Axis forces to the North African theatre. Over half the German Ju 52 transport planes that were needed to supply the encircled German and Romanian forces at Stalingrad were tied up supplying Axis forces in North Africa.

Bigot.

No..BIG conchie.

What the Adolf's did was unforgivable. They bombed my grandads outside bog. 😁

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast