+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- tweet by leave eu

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    Hitler declared war on USA, not the other way around, and Russia hid behind the Ribbentrop /Molotov pact until Barbarossa kicked Stalin's door down.
    Without Britain fighting on , Hitler would have moved his whole Western Army onto the Eastern Front, and the USA would have had no foothold in Europe.
    You're right about Xenophobia , but to treat Britain's role with that level of disdain, does you no credit
    That's a little naive, and it's irrelevant whom declared war on who, Roosevelt was looking to get America more involved long before pearl harbour. The thread seems to have deteriorated into ' all our yesterdays. '

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Nobody 'won' WW2. It was eventually settled by the dropping of atomic bombs which killed thousands of innocent people. What you see as a victory, any normal person would see as an atrocity.
    I'd like to hear your solution to ending a war with a defeated nation that believed their ruler was a god and that surrender was unthinkable. As far as killing thousands of innocent people is concerned you might find the following interesting reading:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japane...#Mass_killings
    https://www.ranker.com/list/japanese...mes/mel-judson

If there was a simple solution to a nation that had such a mindset I've yet to hear it.

Just seen the tweet, has Aaron Banks been using NCM as a focus group?

What has become of politics in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Just seen the tweet, has Aaron Banks been using NCM as a focus group?

What has become of politics in this country.
    The irony being that WW2 is the single best reason for the EU.

Cue some clown banging on about NATO.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I used to feel so sorry for you at the tragic loss of your son but you make it hard, feller...
    Wow!!!!!!!!! That must rate as one of the most morally reprehensible cheap shots I have seen on here. You should be ashamed of yourself.

... is that a reason for us to succumb to German political domination, I.e., mustn't upset the Germans who we bombed flat after they tried to flatten us. Smells of appeasement...

... drilly ... our imperfect democracy has been sold down the river by corrupt politicians who do not have the ability to handle power for the good of the people who voted for them. Their self serving greed for power is used as a tool when it suits them under the guide of 'we know best'.
    We cannot be dictated to by a club when we will nolonger be a member, something the undemocratic, bullying, controlling EU understand but choose not to accept because it could foul up their cosy project of 'ever closer union'.

Maddog....

It's not naive , it's fact .

You initiated that particular stroll down "Memory Lane", so don't be surprised if you get a response.

If you'd looked a little closer instead of trying to defend your own " position" , you would see that I alluded to the effects of Britain remaining undefeated, but don't let history get in the way of your own agenda.
    Last edited by Notsohumblepie; 10-10-2019 at 10:17 AM. Reason: punctuation error

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    That's a little naive, and it's irrelevant whom declared war on who, Roosevelt was looking to get America more involved long before pearl harbour. The thread seems to have deteriorated into ' all our yesterdays. '
    Well, who started this thread bringing up WW2?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    What the Adolf's did was unforgivable. They bombed my grandads outside bog. 😁
    And Meadow Lane ........ the Kraut swine.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast