+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mcpake and Irvine

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Dundee ‘supporters’ in wanting manager sacked shocker.
    Agree...surely none of them ever been involved in a fight

If a dab was winding him up ? Then I'm right behind him nutting the Dab Bazturd , no matter who you are you should be able to go out for the night without getting intimated enough to feel you have no option but to react

Even if guilty I don’t see why we need to sack him, it’s no like he’s left the boy on a life support machine, there are to sides to every story, best wait to hear it, no doubt Nelms and co will know the full story

Play in testimonial, bad choice, go for a pint or pints bad choice, company....no the best, pub hmmmm, cock and bull denial least said.

I don't think Nelms has got much of a clue to be honest.

One thing though this myth about this being a friendly derby is just bulllll.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Play in testimonial, bad choice, go for a pint or pints bad choice, company....no the best, pub hmmmm, cock and bull denial least said.

I don't think Nelms has got much of a clue to be honest.

One thing though this myth about this being a friendly derby is just bulllll.
    Surely he can play in testimonial, it’s no like he’s playing for the team,

Sad day when he can’t go for a pint, that pubs never been known for trouble

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Surely he can play in testimonial, it’s no like he’s playing for the team,

Sad day when he can’t go for a pint, that pubs never been known for trouble
    He can, just don't see the need.

Pubs a pub whether its a scheme boozer or a town boozer.

Far better going somewhere else out of town if he needs to go to the pub.

All in isolation you can make a case for every decision but why put yourself at risk of letting people down.

If someone chucked a pint over me I'd probably lose the rag but em no manager of Dundee or much of a target for any passing fruit loop.

Managers, coaches and players, they all have a life to live

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Managers, coaches and players, they all have a life to live
    Not saying they don't but it's a stupid place to try and live it, foolhardy and a bit nieve.

Keep saying it but the atmosphere between us and them is as bad as I can remember it ....and don't think it will improve any.

There's probably more animosity between the fans than DFC and the press realise (Dufc know full well) although I do think that DCT try and perpetuate the friendly derby myth....it's not, not sure if it ever was.

Mind back in the late seventies when things were a bit intense one of the courier journalists appealling for calm and I think his words we're for fans to "Keep the heid It's only a game".

I genuinely think there's a pretty bad hatred of all things dark blue ingrained within Dufc which seeps into their fan base whereas it's more among our support towards them rather than DFC themselves.

Mibbe a too simplistic view but that's the way I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Not saying they don't but it's a stupid place to try and live it, foolhardy and a bit nieve.

Keep saying it but the atmosphere between us and them is as bad as I can remember it ....and don't think it will improve any.

There's probably more animosity between the fans than DFC and the press realise (Dufc know full well) although I do think that DCT try and perpetuate the friendly derby myth....it's not, not sure if it ever was.

Mind back in the late seventies when things were a bit intense one of the courier journalists appealling for calm and I think his words we're for fans to "Keep the heid It's only a game".

I genuinely think there's a pretty bad hatred of all things dark blue ingrained within Dufc which seeps into their fan base whereas it's more among our support towards them rather than DFC themselves.

Mibbe a too simplistic view but that's the way I see it.
    would you like to have a look at your second last sentence. not sure what you mean. I agree about the atmosphere being as bad as it has ever been. IMO this aggressive dislike for rival football teams is bad for football. It isn't just in Scotland though. Some how the club owners seem to think that it strengthens their brand and brand loyalty and they just ignore the bigger picture that football attendances are dropping. There have been increases in the SPFL but you would expect that a league that didn't have Hearts or Rangers or Hibs would have lower attendances during those seasons than we are seeing now.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    would you like to have a look at your second last sentence. not sure what you mean. I agree about the atmosphere being as bad as it has ever been. IMO this aggressive dislike for rival football teams is bad for football. It isn't just in Scotland though. Some how the club owners seem to think that it strengthens their brand and brand loyalty and they just ignore the bigger picture that football attendances are dropping. There have been increases in the SPFL but you would expect that a league that didn't have Hearts or Rangers or Hibs would have lower attendances during those seasons than we are seeing now.
    Dosent read very well.

What I mean is our dislike/hatred (call it what you like) of them is almost 100% from us the fans and not really encouraged or stoked up from DFC themselves.

I believe through talking to folk who have been involved at high levels of both clubs and those that have played for both clubs that DUFC's hatred/dislike of DFC and their fans comes from the club itself and seeps into their fan base.

I think McLean had a grudge but I think it's never really been the same since The blessed Eddie got involved at tannadice and it's carried on since then.

Not sure if you were at the last derby but the walk to the game I felt their was a seethe in the general atmosphere that has been there in small doses in the past but not to that extent.

It may die off if we start playing more regularly again but em not 100% sure.

Maybe just getting older and see it more but it's something I've spoken about to guys that I go to the game with off and on recently.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)