+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pique Made Bid For Notts

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Maybe those mindless morons who savaged Hardy for selling us a pack of lies can see that there was good reason for his procrastination. That is not to say that he was squeaky clean but he didn't deserve some of the awful things that were said about him.
    He did not procrastinate in my view. The way I see it he took this club as far as it could possibly go without it being liquidated in an attempt to get as much money for it as possible. It also hamstrung and hampered any form of preparations for this season and left our current owners with outstanding staff wages and bills to pay as soon as they stepped in the door.

The only people who came out of the mess with class and their dignity intact is the Haydn Green Estate and the Reedz Brothers. They are the ones who we have to thank for our survival and having a team to watch this season.

Let's not brush it under the carpet shall we that the man nearly destroyed this football club.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    Typical Sun none story. If Pique enquired after the Reedz he was very late to the party. Don't see how this showers our previous owner in Sid's appreciation. Also doesn't answer why the Club was still talking to the May consortium long after the guy was exposed as an ex-con man. Fortunately its all now ancient history, we seem to finally have good owners who will bring some long overdue stability.
    It's not a "Sun" story though, they've basically copied and pasted it from The Athletic

There is a big difference between making an enquiry and making an offer.. Either way i am glad that he didn't get the chance to own us..

He did well to drop the interest - I don't think Shakira would have been happy in the Pavis

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    He did well to drop the interest - I don't think Shakira would have been happy in the Pavis
    I would have been!

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Not sure the seats would be to her liking, I can barely fit my arse on them so not sure how she would cope!

Maybe those mindless morons who savaged Hardy for selling us a pack of lies can see that there was good reason for his procrastination. That is not to say that he was squeaky clean but he didn't deserve some of the awful things that were said about him.
    Mindless morons eh, Sid. To be fair, not many on here fit that description but I suppose old habits die hard for a bit part journo, and the chance to use alliteration is not to be missed. Anyone rembember Notts fans chanting 'mindless minority'?

It’s horrible having awful things said about you personally. You’d expect them at the least to acknowledge it, and to apologise. Unfortunately some are too mindless to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Unfortunately some are too mindless to do so.
    Indeed, and certainly too mindless to understand what procrastination means. It's a bit rude to suggest Hardy does that anyway, despite what was on his camera roll.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12