+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Extinction Rebellion

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Let us hope you are not trying to get to hospital in an emergency then or you can't earn any wages to pay your bills etc.
    Of course. But let's hope our great-grandchildren, and those of pretty much everyone across the entire world don't horrifically burn to death because of rising temperatures and the ignorance of our generations etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Of course. But let's hope our great-grandchildren, and those of pretty much everyone across the entire world don't horrifically burn to death because of rising temperatures and the ignorance of our generations etc.
    They (ER) appear to be a generation incapable of doing anything positive and any hope of them "growing up" to improve the situation diminishes in my eyes every time they pull off new stunts. I'd have been sorely tempted to take off with that guy glued on the top of the aircraft and learn whether gorilla glue is really that good.

Any fool can be disruptive and shout negative comments, witness Bulgarians last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    They (ER) appear to be a generation incapable of doing anything positive and any hope of them "growing up" to improve the situation diminishes in my eyes every time they pull off new stunts. I'd have been sorely tempted to take off with that guy glued on the top of the aircraft and learn whether gorilla glue is really that good.

Any fool can be disruptive and shout negative comments, witness Bulgarians last night.
    You appear to be part of a generation unable to see that some things are far more important that your ignorant knee-jerk moral outrage.

Have a quick think about what's more important; a guy who's irritated you or the end of our species.

I'm not saying that I believe completely anything that XR do is justifiable btw. But we need to get people who aren't scientists and hippies talking about climate change problems, with a will to changing things right away.

We need to stop companies damaging the earth for profit and the general public meekly accepting it for the sake of convenience.

You appear to be part of a generation unable to see that some things are far more important that your ignorant knee-jerk moral outrage.

Have a quick think about what's more important; a guy who's irritated you or the end of our species.
    I think you will find that when the young protesters are older and have responsabilities like a family and mortage/rent to pay etc. their views won't be the same. That doesn't lessen the importance of climate change but stopping innocent people from going about their everyday business and dancing around London like a bunch of demented hippies isn't the answer,especially if they want the support of the people they are disrupting.

It's possible 1961. I really hope that is the case. Alternatively...

When those protesters and their children are older things like a mortgage may seem trivial. The earth will be several degrees hotter. The hyper-rich will have prepared space shuttles for their children to escape to a planet we haven't ruined. Everyone else will be preparing to die.

It's possible 1961. I really hope that is the case. Alternatively...

When those protesters and their children are older things like a mortgage may seem trivial. The earth will be several degrees hotter. The hyper-rich will have prepared space shuttles for their children to escape to a planet we haven't ruined. Everyone else will be preparing to die.
    A bit dramatic aren't you, all that in about 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    'Always ' as in since the day you were born ? Far out.
    Facts tend to be eternal , whilst idiocy is a passing phase, which you appeared to have mastered completely

A bit dramatic aren't you, all that in about 30 years.
    Haha fair enough. I'm hoping that my (as yet unborn) children will still be around in 90 years though.

Chinks??????
    The Chinese. Similarly I am a Limey to the Yanks, a Sassenach to the Jocks, Infidel to certain Ayrabs, Pom to the Aussies and many more. Not a problem with me old lad.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast