+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Extinction Rebellion

O/T:- Extinction Rebellion

Interesting to see Andrew Neil interview one of this group's honchos on his show last night.

His guest (a young female activist) spluttered and gulped when asked by Neil to prove billions would die throughout the world if nothing was done to halt climate change by 2025 (6 years away) and could only keep repeating the bilge that it would happen without giving any firm reasons why. As Andrew pointed out, other learned scientists had disproved many of the theories being spouted by this cult of protesters but again the poor brainwashed girl had no sound reply.

Myself I believe this is a serious problem but will get sorted eventually to a satisfactory level, but the disruption caused in London and other cities by the majority of the 'protesters' is nothing short of being another example of jumping on the wagon to frustrate normal people going about their business without any thought to these people's livelihoods. It can't be lawfully done but a bloody good hiding would stop this rabble's chelp ....... Grrrrgh!
    Last edited by SwalePie; 16-10-2019 at 09:27 AM.

They're all heroes standing up against the industrial military complex, so what if she can't express herself well, doesn't make her wrong. Can't see any solution to the problem to get it sorted, it's going past the tipping point.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Interesting to see Andrew Neil interview one of this group's honchos on his show last night.

His guest (a young female activist) spluttered and gulped when asked by Neil to prove billions would die throughout the world if nothing was done to halt climate change by 2025 (6 years away) and could only keep repeating the bilge that it would happen without giving any firm reasons why. As Andrew pointed out, other learned scientists had disproved many of the theories being spouted by this cult of protesters but again the poor brainwashed girl had no sound reply.

Myself I believe this is a serious problem but will get sorted eventually to a satisfactory level, but the disruption caused in London and other cities by the majority of the 'protesters' is nothing short of being another example of jumping on the wagon to frustrate normal people going about their business without any thought to these people's livelihoods. It can't be lawfully done but a bloody good hiding would stop this rabble's chelp ....... Grrrrgh!
    How dare you!?

Name:  Greta 2.jpg
Views: 1373
Size:  58.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    They're all heroes standing up against the industrial military complex, so what if she can't express herself well, doesn't make her wrong. Can't see any solution to the problem to get it sorted, it's going past the tipping point.
    Climate change is a serious subject but stopping ordinary people going about their everyday business will not help their cause.
    Neither will expecting the drastic changes they want to happen in only 6years, it is not viable.
    I wonder how many of these protesters drive large cars, fly away on their holidays, eat meat etc.
    It will also be interesting to see what litter/mess they leave behind.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Climate change is a serious subject but stopping ordinary people going about their everyday business will not help their cause.
    Neither will expecting the drastic changes they want to happen in only 6years, it is not viable.
    I wonder how many of these protesters drive large cars, fly away on their holidays, eat meat etc.
    1) I would like to see Class Legal actions for any losses caused by the disruptions.

2) All protesters should agree to give up their power hungry mobile devices which use terawatts of energy driving server farms which are merely holding useless prattle, selfies etc.

3) All protestors should be forced to attend science and maths classes so that they might really understand the scale of the problem and the complex issues involved in the solutions.

4) Any protestor who chains/glues or otherwise fixes themselves to infrastructure should simply be left there.

When I can find it I'll post the poorly recycled speech of 20+ years ago that Greta Thunbderg gave.

I am not saying there isn't an issue to be addressed but I don't trust a generation of youngsters who on the whole have poor numeracy skills and cannot control themselves when it comes to fast food to find the solution through disruptive protest.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    1) I would like to see Class Legal actions for any losses caused by the disruptions.

2) All protesters should agree to give up their power hungry mobile devices which use terawatts of energy driving server farms which are merely holding useless prattle, selfies etc.

3) All protestors should be forced to attend science and maths classes so that they might really understand the scale of the problem and the complex issues involved in the solutions.

4) Any protestor who chains/glues or otherwise fixes themselves to infrastructure should simply be left there.

When I can find it I'll post the poorly recycled speech of 20+ years ago that Greta Thunbderg gave.

I am not saying there isn't an issue to be addressed but I don't trust a generation of youngsters who on the whole have poor numeracy skills and cannot control themselves when it comes to fast food to find the solution through disruptive protest.
    Great post OP!

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    How dare you!?

Name:  Greta 2.jpg
Views: 1373
Size:  58.6 KB
    Aye, an innocent brainwashed kid being used as a pawn to further some parent's views (rich one's apparently). Disgusting in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    The mess left behind won't bother many of 'em. No doubt used to living like pigs in muck, so it'll be the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Myself I believe this is a serious problem but will get sorted eventually to a satisfactory level.
    So who will sort it and how? If it's left to governments controlled by big businesses, you more than most should know that profit will come first with environmental concerns way down the list. There are two conflicting viewpoints on climate change, but surely we owe it to future generations to take a safety first approach because guessing wrong could mean the end of the planet.

Regarding Extinction Rebellion, I support their cause but have reservations about their methods. I suppose the fact that you have started a thread about them on a Notts County messageboard suggests that they are getting the publicity they are aiming for.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So who will sort it and how? If it's left to governments controlled by big businesses, you more than most should know that profit will come first
    Bit like Brexit then!!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast