+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt Ritchie

Quote Originally Posted by Curian View Post
    I also like his work rate and attitude. Not sure why so much dislike, as at times he has been our best player and pulled the team together.If the current team perform well then he probably will have to earn his place back but I would rather have him than not.

Presumably the dislike stems from his unwise comments about the regime changes.
    I think this post sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I think this post sums it up.
    Nope.

Key player.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    I have no dislike for him. Put simply, part of his job as a wide player is to create and we have better options there now.
    Yeah, this. I actually like him as a squad member but we need someone who can put in more than just the rare good cross and harry the opposition.

He will be decent next season in the championship

He's a better player than Almiron.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    He's a better player than Almiron.
    There’s not many worse than Almiron in my opinion. Along with Lascalles their the two weakest links

Almiron can come good. He just needs better coaching by Brucie but that's an oxymoron right there.

I, for one, would like Ritchie back. So if the currently preferred options pull up injured, what then?

We need some depth on the bench and Ritchie is a good player. Don't understand the negativity. He doesn't pull up trees but I see him as a kind of Milner player. Unspectacular but you need the workrate and what he brings as part of the team rather than what he brings as an individual.

Good back up

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    There’s not many worse than Almiron in my opinion. Along with Lascalles their the two weakest links
    Almiron will come good,he broke through the Man U Defence a couple of times fed by Saint Maxim but was on the end of a good block then hesitated just a fraction too long before shooting on another occasion.He has the pace to unnerve any defence IMO just needs to score.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)