+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bad news but let's hope for some positive news

Bad news but let's hope for some positive news

Well Cunningham out for months is not good but let's hope Walton and travis are definitely ok for huddersfield.
    As for lenihan we can only hope it's not as bad as first feared.
    I would of dropped him for this game but we cannot afford another defensive casualty.

Any injury is a blow. It's also inevitable that you get them during a season. Everyone for a, including us.
    Of all the positions we have, I feel LB isn't really a major issue, and we do actually have plenty of options and cover. Hopefully we use up our had luck quota with this one, and don't get another in a really crucial/problem area for us.

I think I've heard that even Downing can play left-back, if necessary.
    Actually, the Huddersfield game could be make-or-break time for Bell. If he isn't first choice, that more or less spells the end. If he is picked and doesn't perform...again, it might be last chance.
    I have never known what to make of him. He looked very good for a short while, and he is quick, but purely as a defensive full-back, he has rarely convinced.
    You never know, though. He might grab this chance and put the disappointments behind him. (Optimist's hat on, there!)

Now lenihan out for 2 months
    It's the brentford game all over again
    We suffered key injuries in that game and look what followed,a truly woeful run.

I'm sure Tony will ride the storm and bring you out into calmer waters.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Now lenihan out for 2 months
    It's the brentford game all over again
    We suffered key injuries in that game and look what followed,a truly woeful run.
    I hope Alf is right!
    Realistically, we are looking at any three or four from:
    Bennett, Nyambe, Rankin-Costello, Tosin, Williams, Bell, Hart.
    I think R-C would be thought of as high-risk, though.
    For the sake of defensive security, the logical solution for me is to bring Nyambe in at right-back, with Bell on the left. Then I'd play Bennett and Downing ahead of those two in a midfield four with Travis and Johnson (or Holtby).
    As for the front two, not a clue.

I am pretty much agreeing on this aucks
    In an ideal world I would like Rankin Costello right wing and nyambe right back but as Bennett is captain,this line up is fine.
    Up front I would still have samuel and Gallagher(this will never happen)a pacey forward and a tricky one,would certainly trouble some.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I am pretty much agreeing on this aucks
    In an ideal world I would like Rankin Costello right wing and nyambe right back but as Bennett is captain,this line up is fine.
    Up front I would still have samuel and Gallagher(this will never happen)a pacey forward and a tricky one,would certainly trouble some.
    Robin - on the Telegraph site, I suggested that Dack be temporarily dropped, but I was widely ridiculed.
    There is no doubt he is our most talented player, but it reminds me a bit of the Rhodes situation. That is, picking one player, and then seeing what can be fitted in around him. From time to time, it's surely worth having a look at something else.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)