+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hannes Wolf

Hannes Wolf

Would be on the list in my opinion , ex VFB Stuggart and SV Hamburg head coach , sacked by Hamburg at the end of last season after they failed to get promoted back to the Bundesliga .

Seems to have his plaudits in Germany and fairly high regarded , a German Rowett would be a good comparison .

The other thing going for him is that he's available and probably desperate to get back in as he's had no offers in Germany since he was sacked by Hamburg .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hann...tball_manager)

Don’t really care who they appoint mate, lost all interest!

Same here.
    I predict a downward spiral under an unknown manager.
    The likes of Woodrow & Mowatt will demand moves. Relegation a certainty.
    They'll be the first team on my coupon each week (to lose unfortunately).
    The one thing the team had was unity behind a manager they respected.
    Their morale must be rock bottom.
    Our only hope is that these clowns realise quickly that football's not for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    Same here.
    I predict a downward spiral under an unknown manager.
    The likes of Woodrow & Mowatt will demand moves. Relegation a certainty.
    They'll be the first team on my coupon each week (to lose unfortunately).
    The one thing the team had was unity behind a manager they respected.
    Their morale must be rock bottom.
    Our only hope is that these clowns realise quickly that football's not for them.
    I took some good natured stick about my "obsession" with OGC Nice. I was trying to point out that the things happening there would be repeated here. What did they do at Nice? Sell the best players raking in huge profits, on the field results fell, OGC Nice have the youngest squad in Lg1,Nice fans protest against their ownership, Dog sells up at first opportunity to rake in a further large profit ignoring his initial pledge to the Nice fans that he was there "for the long term".

Learn the lessons of history and don't be pillaked by them is my view.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 12-10-2019 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I took some good natured stick about my "obsession" with OGC Nice. I was trying to point out that the things happenning there would be repeated here. What did they do at Nice? Sell the best players raking in huge profits, on the field results fell, OGC Nice have the youngest squad in Lg1,Nice fans protest against their ownership, Dog sells up at first opportunity to rake in a further large profit.

What worries me SB is that the Nice fans were aware of an interested party wanting to buy them and take them on. Who the hell is going to pay 20million plus for us or give us the same kind of optimism about Chien and co leaving like the Nice fans had?

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    What worries me SB is that the Nice fans were aware of an interested party wanting to buy them and take them on. Who the hell is going to pay 20million plus for us or give us the same kind of optimism about Chien and co leaving like the Nice fans had?
    No idea Pass who is abart.

What I do know is this lot are killing the club. Should we be relegated for a second time under their ownership in three years I can see us doing a Sheff Utd and staying there at least six years.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    No idea Pass who is abart.

What I do know is this lot are killing the club. Should we be relegated for a second time under their ownership in three years I can see us doing a Sheff Utd and staying there at least six years.

I agree SB. Promotion from lg1 is never to be taken for granted. Reading the forums It just seems to me that some of our fans are wanting the board art wi art realistically thinking abart what comes next or the bigger picture.

The harsh truth is that to get rid on em sumdy is gonna ev to shell art at least 20million quid and that's assuming they want to sell us in first place. The protests are all well and good if they are heeded. Let's hope the board have enough respect for the fans and club to make the necessary tweaks that are required and are in the best interests of the club on the pitch. However, if it doesn't happen then this will turn completely toxic because I just can't see how they are ever going to leave. 5 years darn line? Thee tell me weer will be cos am buggard if ar know mi owd.

Just my opinion.
    I think Pass has hit the nail on the head. As much as I agree with Animal, SB ect I think we must think long and hard. These feckers have all the power and money to let us rot in the lower leagues even go out of existance if we upset them.
    Our town has been shafted once with Thatcher, these ***** have as much of a connection to tarn as she did and wouldn't think twice about shafting us again. the only way to get anything out of the likes of these is to treat them like the lord of the manor, massage their ego, tug your forelock, doff your cap and take it up the asre. Lay back and think of Oakwell.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggertyke View Post
    Just my opinion.
    I think Pass has hit the nail on the head. As much as I agree with Animal, SB ect I think we must think long and hard. These feckers have all the power and money to let us rot in the lower leagues even go out of existance if we upset them.
    Our town has been shafted once with Thatcher, these ***** have as much of a connection to tarn as she did and wouldn't think twice about shafting us again. the only way to get anything out of the likes of these is to treat them like the lord of the manor, massage their ego, tug your forelock, doff your cap and take it up the asre. Lay back and think of Oakwell.
    Please tell me your not serious !!!

Tugging forelocks, doffing caps,massaging egos is all very well but taking it up the arse is just a step too far especially if you're laying back
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 12-10-2019 at 04:52 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast