+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No joy for Motherwell's call ups

No joy for Motherwell's call ups

Allan Campbell got Motherwell's contribution to this international weekend underway with an appearance for the Scotland U21 team against Lithuania. The game finished goalless.

http://www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/news...69/index.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    Allan Campbell got Motherwell's contribution to this international weekend underway with an appearance for the Scotland U21 team against Lithuania. The game finished goalless.

http://www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/news...69/index.shtml
    Pretty pleased Gallagher didn't appear in that bomb-scare of a defence in the big team. Christ sakes !! ... any confidence he's gained from the call-up would've regressed megafold in that 2nd half capitulation.
    Clarke out ?!?!

You'd hope Gallagher and Findlay are the combination on Sunday...but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    You'd hope Gallagher and Findlay are the combination on Sunday...but who knows.
    Fate's got a funny way of panning out sometimes. He could play Sunday, Scotland win convincingly ... and all of a sudden from out of nothing, he's in possession of the No. 5 jersey.

Didn't get off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Didn't get off the bench.
    Good, I'm pleased with that. He's OUR player and I want him fit and focussed on playing for us, not running the risk of picking up injury playing for another team and potentially attracting interest from bigger clubs.

There is some twisted logic to LSM comments, but are you being serious. Yes, he's our player and the risk of injury playing for Scotland will always be there, but FFS you've got to be grateful that we have players that are considered good enough to play at international level (I use the term international level very loosely when talking about the current Scotland squad). If you don't want our players to be recognized by their respective countries, then let's pack up and drop down a league or two to ensure we don't attract these nuisance players who bring too much attention to our club. FFS again.

Campbell starts for the U21s at the Czech Republic, Maguire and Scott on the bench.

NI won 3-2 without Carson or Donnelly playing.

Quote Originally Posted by skippy91 View Post
    There is some twisted logic to LSM comments, but are you being serious. Yes, he's our player and the risk of injury playing for Scotland will always be there, but FFS you've got to be grateful that we have players that are considered good enough to play at international level (I use the term international level very loosely when talking about the current Scotland squad). If you don't want our players to be recognized by their respective countries, then let's pack up and drop down a league or two to ensure we don't attract these nuisance players who bring too much attention to our club. FFS again.
    I'm always grateful to have good players, however I am also always grateful to have our good players overlooked by the national side, that way they minimise the risk of injury and exposure to bigger clubs and at the same time help our chances of keeping them. That may sound parochial or even selfish, but I don't care, because all I care about in football is Motherwell FC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)