+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Burnley Way

The Burnley Way

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...poDd5AOz4RaIvg

This is Burnley not Barcelona as Stan famously said. Not pretty maybe but pretty effective and we have far more accomplished players than we are given credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    https://www.skysports.com/football/n...poDd5AOz4RaIvg

This is Burnley not Barcelona as Stan famously said. Not pretty maybe but pretty effective and we have far more accomplished players than we are given credit for.
    Very interesting read Outwood and backed by stats to boot.

Its effective and achieves the result of staying in the Prem.

I guess its the looking forward stargazing bit that sees the gulf between our style of play and that of the top four/five teams along with, of course, the tens of millions of pounds you have to spend on players that can perform at the highest level consistently.

Sadly its a gulf we can never breach in our current set-up.

Hard to beat and hard to handle. Bring on the Foxes.

Congratulations - they've only just found out what we've noticed/suffered for........Y.......E........A........R.........S.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post

imagine if every team played like it - they'd be issuing pillows and alarm clocks at the turstiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

Congratulations - they've only just found out what we've noticed/suffered for........Y.......E........A........R.........S.

imagine if every team played like it - they'd be issuing pillows and alarm clocks at the turstiles.

Not to me Norder, I gave the boredom up for non-league two years ago.

I used to fret about the possession stats, I didn't think it was possible to survive while we saw so little of the ball in virtually every game. For a while I thought we were just riding our luck, eventually it would catch up with us and we'd be relegated. But it never caught up with us, opposition managers continued to be bemused that they'd lost after 'outplaying' us. It took me a long while, but eventually it dawned on me that, like that piece says, we weren't conceding possession because we were being outplayed, we were conceding possession because that's the way Dyche wanted to play, and it works, it keeps us in this division.

Still find it boring though, I'd rather watch Clitheroe.

Clitheroe, not bad Sinkov.....I viewed a Burnley match just recently.... but was only because i'd run out of walls to paint, happily though, I just got some planks of wood to cover - watching them dry being a preferred suffering.

It also helps if the opposition is dross.....am noticing it more and more - supporters bewildered at what they're seeing, play/tactics - so makes me wonder - what if they accept that breaking through into that other PL division of Superteams is beyond them - so all they need do is necessitate staying out of the bottom 3 - it just becomes about avoiding relegation....could open a door to all manner of connivance.

Everton Fan:
    Just got back, an absolute disgrace again, no team spirit in this group, just individuals coasting to their next £100k a week pay cheque, disgusting.

I don't care if no-one likes us, I do! Can't wait for the Leicester game and I have a spare ticket if anyone wants one?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I don't care if no-one likes us, I do! Can't wait for the Leicester game and I have a spare ticket if anyone wants one?
    Me and Norder will toss up for it.

Only eight teams have scored more than us this season.

Only five have conceded less.

Unbelievable for the team from the smallest town ever to have a Prem team. With limited gates, no rich sugar daddy and practically no chance of creating merchandising revenue from outside of East Lancs.

I actually enjoy watching us play. Not gung ho, not producing many 30 pass moves, no real individual brilliant performers but our team spirit, the willingness to fight like hell for our cause and to show the big time Charlies scant respect makes me feel proud to be a Burnley fan.

If we tried to out-football teams in this division perhaps you would enjoy it more...but it wouldn't last very long.

Count your blessings because it won't last forever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)