+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robins signs new deal after Sunderland approach....

Robins signs new deal after Sunderland approach....

It appears Mark Robins is still in reasonable demand after having been approached by Sunderland to fill their vacant slot.

Coventry not wanting to lose a good Manager acted swiftly to nullify Sunderland's approach and have now agreed a deal with Mark for an undisclosed term, whilst the club have also opened talks on a new deal with his assistant Aid Viveash.

It's refreshing to see a club reinvesting in their current Management set up and openly informing the approaching club to look elsewhere.

Following on from this, Sunderland have now been allowed by Wycombe Wanderers to speak with Gareth Ainsworth. For such a massively supported club I find Sunderland's search for a new Manager bewildering. There scope is very narrow.
    Last edited by Brin; 11-10-2019 at 10:48 AM.

It could be who they can afford not who they would really like.Top managers now come with a big wage.

Gareth Ainsworth is a strange choice for a club like Sunderland. Sure, he's in the moment right now but he's been at Wycombe a long time and in that time has been involved in relegation battles in the bottom division and mid table mediocrity in the bottom division. It's taken a long time for him to get his team to where they are now and it's still early days, I don't see Wycombe sticking around at the top end for too long.

Sunderland need someone to come in and bring instant results, not that they're exactly struggling, or sacking their previous manager will have been a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    Gareth Ainsworth is a strange choice for a club like Sunderland. Sure, he's in the moment right now but he's been at Wycombe a long time and in that time has been involved in relegation battles in the bottom division and mid table mediocrity in the bottom division. It's taken a long time for him to get his team to where they are now and it's still early days, I don't see Wycombe sticking around at the top end for too long.

Sunderland need someone to come in and bring instant results, not that they're exactly struggling, or sacking their previous manager will have been a waste of time.
    I think you'll find that a club the size of Sunderland is definitely struggling. They have a Premier League facility which currently resides in League 1 so there's nothing positive about that.
    The fact that they have approached Robins and Ainsworth to be their next manager suggests they're not exactly flush with money or they would surely have set their sights higher.
    Whoever they talk to needs to think very carefully because they will be taking on a poison chalice where expectations are high but the wherewithal to get there is low.

Some of the players that they have signed also suggests that they are skint

Did Netflix do the 2nd season of Sunderland 'til I Die ?

Sunderland - 19 managers in last 13 years.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Sunderland - 19 managers in last 13 years.
    ...so far!

you should see th sunderland fans on motd on facebook.

big Sam Chris Houghton etc etc

Sunderland aren't what they used to be.

there another portsmouth big 10 years ago always favourite for promotion but never get it

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I think you'll find that a club the size of Sunderland is definitely struggling. They have a Premier League facility which currently resides in League 1 so there's nothing positive about that.
    The fact that they have approached Robins and Ainsworth to be their next manager suggests they're not exactly flush with money or they would surely have set their sights higher.
    Whoever they talk to needs to think very carefully because they will be taking on a poison chalice where expectations are high but the wherewithal to get there is low.
    I meant they're not exactly struggling in the league, being 5th or 6th with plenty of the season left. Yes in the bigger picture they are indeed struggling. Ladapo apparently chose us over them which says it all I suppose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast