+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Czechs Vs England

Terrible, truly awful. I thought those performances were a thing of the past ...we're getting worse again!

First defeat in the qualifiers for a decade. Too many average players out there today - Trippier, Keane, Rose, Henderson, Rice to name five. Never seen so much hoofball to Kane and aimless flick-ons from him. Very poor and we deserved what we got. I can only remember one England shot on target after the penalty. Makes the Bulgaria game more interesting, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    ROI dodged a bullet with Declan Rice.
    Absolutely we did Navy... a complete turn coat of a man who has not had one single decent game in an England shirt... he was dire tonight... I thought Kane and Sterling were the only 2 bright spots for you guys tonight

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    First defeat in the qualifiers for a decade. Too many average players out there today - Trippier, Keane, Rose, Henderson, Rice to name five. Never seen so much hoofball to Kane and aimless flick-ons from him. Very poor and we deserved what we got. I can only remember one England shot on target after the penalty. Makes the Bulgaria game more interesting, at least.
    The whole team were awful and the back 4 apart from Trippier are all playing at teams who are struggling and its no surprise the defence was awful against Kosovo too.

Kane was terrible but like Sterling they are not getting subbed no matter what.

I think TAA Gomez and Chilwell walk into the side and id put Heaton in goal.

Rice is only young but he is not living up to the hype as for Henderson he is defo not average he is a very good player you dont captain Liverpool to 3 European finals if you are average.

Looks like a stroll in the park so far against very limited opposition tonight. The only interesting bit is the supposed protocol on racist chanting. When they are 0-4 down it invites the morons among the home crowd to ramp it up to get the game abandoned. I think those on the pitch should play football, and the authorities should address what goes on off the pitch. It's only got to this farcical stage because EUFA have been so pathetic in their 'punishment' for crowd racism in the last decade.

Some Nazi salutes in there, classy. Amazing these Eastern European countries still get so little punishment from ongoing but unsurprising racist abuse.

Forget sections of ground closure or playing behind closed doors, it needs a 5 year minimum ban from tournaments.

We’ve got a racist word being used on a different thread on this board. Glasshouses and all that.

On the subject of football for a moment, and without taking anything from a good England performance, what a shambles this Bulgarian team are!

I'm not saying Bulgaria have ever been world beaters, but they've gone a long way downhill since my personal all-time favourite player, Hristo Stoichkov, graced the international stage. I thought Scotland had declined rapidly, but bloody hell.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    On the subject of football for a moment, and without taking anything from a good England performance, what a shambles this Bulgarian team are!

I'm not saying Bulgaria have ever been world beaters, but they've gone a long way downhill since my personal all-time favourite player, Hristo Stoichkov, graced the international stage. I thought Scotland had declined rapidly, but bloody hell.
    Bulgaria were reminiscent of us last season, they were that bad. Could have been 10-0 by the end if Harry Kane had brought his shooting boots along. Despite the dire opposition, our shape and movement seemed a lot better than in Prague. Win the next home game against Montenegro to (I assume) qualify, then an interesting last group game in Kosovo.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast