+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brexit Deal - Next Election?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Whilst I wasn't around in the 70's and so can't comment, I struggle to see how any governing party has divided our society as much as the current one. And I'd be amazed if our public services were as crippled then as what they are now.

Having said that I do agree that centre line politics is where the Tories and Labour should really present themselves, but both are going the other way. I'm probably a centre-left voter, so I liked Tony Blair.

But other than that, that's where we probably don't agree any further.

In my opinion the youth of today are a shining light, they care about others, the economy and the environment. The demographics of the Brexit vote show you they are switched on. Whereas the over 50's have been subjected to decades of anti EU rhetoric and propaganda and have fallen victim to it. There are no benefits of Brexit, even the Govt's own Brexit department say we will be worse off - yet still many over 50's push it. Madness.

The youth will get us back in the EU, it may be in the next couple of years or in a couple of decades, but they will repair the damage that has been done - eventually. That gives me great hope for the future..
    “The youngsters of today care about others”.

The youth of today are the most selfish,self entitled generation of youth I’ve ever known!

Overly indulged by by parents and under disciplined.

A huge sense of entitlement as well having neither the knowledge or experience to be pontificating the way they do.

Like Greta Thunberg ranting that the previous generations had “stolen the future” from her generation.

Someone needs to teach her and her generation some history because if it wasn’t for my grandparents and your great grandparents she’d either be under Nazi rule or perhaps not even exist!

In my opinion each generation gets worse,my generation doesn’t have the same strength of character as my father’s generation and in turn his parents had even more of a sense of what was right.

We won’t be going back into the EU anytime soon so don’t get too excited.

If we make a success of Brexit the next generation ( who’ll include my 2 and 3 year old grandchildren) will grow up in an independent country and will not want to join the EU club.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    “The youngsters of today care about others”.

The youth of today are the most selfish,self entitled generation of youth I’ve ever known!

Overly indulged by by parents and under disciplined.

A huge sense of entitlement as well having neither the knowledge or experience to be pontificating the way they do.

Like Greta Thunberg ranting that the previous generations had “stolen the future” from her generation.

Someone needs to teach her and her generation some history because if it wasn’t for my grandparents and your great grandparents she’d either be under Nazi rule or perhaps not even exist!

In my opinion each generation gets worse,my generation doesn’t have the same strength of character as my father’s generation and in turn his parents had even more of a sense of what was right.

We won’t be going back into the EU anytime soon so don’t get too excited.

If we make a success of Brexit the next generation ( who’ll include my 2 and 3 year old grandchildren) will grow up in an independent country and will not want to join the EU club.
    Its a shame you are selfishly denying the opportunity to live, work and travel in 27 other countries to your grandchildren. And that they may not have the same trading opportunities with the largest trading bloc in the world that you yourself have enjoyed for your business.

The most selfish and self entitled are the over 50's, who have had it relatively easy in terms of getting on the housing ladder, youth employment in the 70's-90's, ease of borrowing and house price increases in the last 30 years. Youth unemployment has increased in the last 10-15 years and young people really have to scrimp now to get a deposit to buy a house and to be accepted for a mortgage.

Another thing that does my head in with over 50's is the constant harping on about the war, as if it is anything to do with Brexit. It isn't. You might have known people who were in the war, but you did not personally fight in the war unless you're over 95 years of age. I had grandparents that fought in the war, and I'm proud of them and what they stood up for. But they fought for peace and prosperity, not to isolate ourselves and make us poorer.

Its a shame you are selfishly denying the opportunity to live, work and travel in 27 other countries to your grandchildren. And that they may not have the same trading opportunities with the largest trading bloc in the world that you yourself have enjoyed for your business.

The most selfish and self entitled are the over 50's, who have had it relatively easy in terms of getting on the housing ladder, youth employment in the 70's-90's, ease of borrowing and house price increases in the last 30 years. Youth unemployment has increased in the last 10-15 years and young people really have to scrimp now to get a deposit to buy a house and to be accepted for a mortgage.

Another thing that does my head in with over 50's is the constant harping on about the war, as if it is anything to do with Brexit. It isn't. You might have known people who were in the war, but you did not personally fight in the war unless you're over 95 years of age. I had grandparents that fought in the war, and I'm proud of them and what they stood up for. But they fought for peace and prosperity, not to isolate ourselves and make us poorer.
    Absolute b o l l o x.

You’re not worth engaging with.

Take another two month break FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Absolute b o l l o x.

You’re not worth engaging with.

Take another two month break FFS.
    Home Truths can hurt.

Stop being such a snowflake...

The youth will get us back in the EU, it may be in the next couple of years or in a couple of decades, but they will repair the damage that has been done - eventually. That gives me great hope for the future..
    That assumes there will be an EU to get us back in to.

****in idiot! Today's youth are bone idle, don't know the meaning of graft, and so liberal they would let every f ucker into this country and there would be a Pride march every week!

Go back to being Baggielad as the garbage was not so bad but still s hite! Swinson - ha ha - who would vote for this clown who is so out of her depth she sounds like a sixth form leaver!

Take another break for a month - you know it makes sense!

Don't worry because once half term finishes, he'll be back to school next week.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    ****in idiot! Today's youth are bone idle, don't know the meaning of graft, and so liberal they would let every f ucker into this country and there would be a Pride march every week!

Go back to being Baggielad as the garbage was not so bad but still s hite! Swinson - ha ha - who would vote for this clown who is so out of her depth she sounds like a sixth form leaver!

Take another break for a month - you know it makes sense!
    Nothing like sitting on your ar5e whinging about others eh....

Is it the youth's fault we have a constitutional crisis? Anyone born this century didn't even vote in the referendum.

What I will say is the youth of today are not brainwashed and manipulated as you clearly are. You are nothing more than a sheep, following the propaganda of whatever The Mail tell you to think.

And let's be fair - you're as thick as two short planks so its not hard for them to do. You really should be getting wiser with age...what went wrong Al?

So, I think I'll stay for a bit longer. Thanks though..

Nothing like sitting on your ar5e whinging about others eh....

Is it the youth's fault we have a constitutional crisis? Anyone born this century didn't even vote in the referendum.

What I will say is the youth of today are not brainwashed and manipulated as you clearly are. You are nothing more than a sheep, following the propaganda of whatever The Mail tell you to think.

And let's be fair - you're as thick as two short planks so its not hard for them to do. You really should be getting wiser with age...what went wrong Al?

So, I think I'll stay for a bit longer. Thanks though..
    Arrogant moron.

What I will say is the youth of today are not brainwashed and manipulated as you clearly are.

You are nothing more than a sheep, following the propaganda of whatever The Mail tell you to think.

Seems this is a post made up of nothing more than generalisations and assumptions. As you're always quick to tell people on here; try dealing in facts.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)