+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit Deal - Next Election?

Brexit Deal - Next Election?

If Boris secures the deal this week to leave on 31st October there’s likely to be a General Election soon after

Who do you normally vote for and who will you vote for next time around?

I normally vote Tory and will vote Tory.

Never missed a vote always voted Labour, next time won't be voting Labour and can't see me voting at all.

I will vote Tory! Have done for a long time now. As far as I'm concerned, with Corbyn and his henchmen in charge, Labour are unelectable.

I have voted tory once in my life; for a mate who was standing in a local election, in Kenilworth, which he could not lose (he lost). Have lived in staunch tory constituencies for virtually all of my life & not surprisingly my protest vote has never counted for much. Certainly would never vote for Johnson who is one of the most nakedly egotistic politicians I have ever witnessed. Cornyn is totally unelectable; so I shall waste my vote on Lib Dems or Greens or whoever will come second in my constituency

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    If Boris secures the deal this week to leave on 31st October there’s likely to be a General Election soon after

Who do you normally vote for and who will you vote for next time around?

I normally vote Tory and will vote Tory.
    I have always voted Labour...

But because of their extremely poor opposition to the worst government I have ever known, their unclear Brexit position, and because their policies are poor, in my opinion. I'll be voting Lib Dem.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post

But because of their extremely poor opposition to the worst government I have ever known, their unclear Brexit position, and because their policies are poor, in my opinion. I'll be voting Lib Dem.

You are Swinson would be good for each other - hypocrites and talk a load of ****e!!

Lib Dem - the wasted vote!

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post

It might be the worst government you can remember but take my word it isn’t. If we’re talking Tories then Major was a catastrophe on so many levels but probably not as bad as Heath.

Blair whilst economically not the worst was a complete liar who due to being Bush’s poodle lied to get us into an illegal war. The prize for worst government though must surely go to Labour in the 70’s under Sunny Boy Jim Callaghan. No wonder whilst as PM he was widely quoted as saying if he were a younger man he’d emigrate. The whole country was at a stand still, a 3 day week as there was no power, power cuts galore, miners, dockers and railways on strike. I remember being at junior school when the lights went out and we were sent home😀. No one could get buried. Streets piled high with rubbish due to the bin men being on strike. What ended this misery, the country went bankrupt and had to apply to the IMF for a bailout. Happy days.
    Last edited by stripes39; 15-10-2019 at 07:17 PM.

Hi Stripes,

You are so right with what you’ve said but there’s a problem.

There are a huge number of people under 50 years of age have no personal memory of just how bad it was here in the 70’s.

All these “Snowflakes” and the others aged 20-50 who yearn for the Corbyn Marxist project to succeed have no idea what it’s like to be governed by a party totally dominated by the unions and groups like Momentum or the lot Derek Hatton was part of.

Funny how Hatton became a capitalist property developer when his political ambitions failed!

In the 70’s our school often had no heating due to coal strikes and power cuts so we had to wear winter coats in class and on many days we were told to stay at home.

During the winter months a lot of evenings at home there was no power so mum cooked by candlelight on our gas stove and we went to bed early under heaps of blankets.

We queued for bread during the bread strike........hours spent in the cold outside the local bakery waiting to get a loaf if you were lucky.

Every week some industry was on strike,the binmen and the funeral houses didn’t work and we had two months of rubbish piled feet high in the streets and the dead went unburied!

This is the catastrophic result of having incompetent Left Wingers in government.

Alas.....it does mean that every 15-20 years Labour does get into power because younger people with an idealistic view on life want “something different” and they give Labour a chance.....I was stupid enough to do it twice with Blair.

Then as most of them grow up,own a home,have kids,start a business they move away from Labour and put the Tory’s back in for 15-20 years to sort out the economy.

They then do that and always get the blame because they don’t flash the cash like Labour do.

Labour are a complete rabble and are not electable now or for a very long time if Momentum are still calling the shots as they do now.

The Dim Lemmings are unelectable because......we’ll because they’re the Dim Lemmings.

Swinson has managed to be more annoying than Wee Krankie in Scotland which is an achievement in itself.

The Left always make the mistake of being too much “Comrade” and too much “Righteous pomposity” in the case of the Libs.

The only way to win a majority is to be in the centre with a slight right leaning business agenda and a slightly left leaning social conscience.

It always amazes me that NO party ever nails this properly because it’s really not that difficult.

Even though I vote Tory now I’m still unhappy with the weak social conscience they show a lot of the time.

Overall though they are more acceptable than either of the others for a lot of us.

Got to be the Tories. All the other parties are a complete joke. But then again, if brexit is revoked then they can all stick my vote where the sun doesn’t shine. For good!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Hi Stripes,

You are so right with what you’ve said but there’s a problem.

There are a huge number of people under 50 years of age have no personal memory of just how bad it was here in the 70’s.

All these “Snowflakes” and the others aged 20-50 who yearn for the Corbyn Marxist project to succeed have no idea what it’s like to be governed by a party totally dominated by the unions and groups like Momentum or the lot Derek Hatton was part of.

Funny how Hatton became a capitalist property developer when his political ambitions failed!

In the 70’s our school often had no heating due to coal strikes and power cuts so we had to wear winter coats in class and on many days we were told to stay at home.

During the winter months a lot of evenings at home there was no power so mum cooked by candlelight on our gas stove and we went to bed early under heaps of blankets.

We queued for bread during the bread strike........hours spent in the cold outside the local bakery waiting to get a loaf if you were lucky.

Every week some industry was on strike,the binmen and the funeral houses didn’t work and we had two months of rubbish piled feet high in the streets and the dead went unburied!

This is the catastrophic result of having incompetent Left Wingers in government.

Alas.....it does mean that every 15-20 years Labour does get into power because younger people with an idealistic view on life want “something different” and they give Labour a chance.....I was stupid enough to do it twice with Blair.

Then as most of them grow up,own a home,have kids,start a business they move away from Labour and put the Tory’s back in for 15-20 years to sort out the economy.

They then do that and always get the blame because they don’t flash the cash like Labour do.

Labour are a complete rabble and are not electable now or for a very long time if Momentum are still calling the shots as they do now.

The Dim Lemmings are unelectable because......we’ll because they’re the Dim Lemmings.

Swinson has managed to be more annoying than Wee Krankie in Scotland which is an achievement in itself.

The Left always make the mistake of being too much “Comrade” and too much “Righteous pomposity” in the case of the Libs.

The only way to win a majority is to be in the centre with a slight right leaning business agenda and a slightly left leaning social conscience.

It always amazes me that NO party ever nails this properly because it’s really not that difficult.

Even though I vote Tory now I’m still unhappy with the weak social conscience they show a lot of the time.

Overall though they are more acceptable than either of the others for a lot of us.
    Whilst I wasn't around in the 70's and so can't comment, I struggle to see how any governing party has divided our society as much as the current one. And I'd be amazed if our public services were as crippled then as what they are now.

Having said that I do agree that centre line politics is where the Tories and Labour should really present themselves, but both are going the other way. I'm probably a centre-left voter, so I liked Tony Blair.

But other than that, that's where we probably don't agree any further.

In my opinion the youth of today are a shining light, they care about others, the economy and the environment. The demographics of the Brexit vote show you they are switched on. Whereas the over 50's have been subjected to decades of anti EU rhetoric and propaganda and have fallen victim to it. There are no benefits of Brexit, even the Govt's own Brexit department say we will be worse off - yet still many over 50's push it. Madness.

The youth will get us back in the EU, it may be in the next couple of years or in a couple of decades, but they will repair the damage that has been done - eventually. That gives me great hope for the future..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)