+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

Thread: Brexit Deal - Next Election?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    15,153

    Brexit Deal - Next Election?

    If Boris secures the deal this week to leave on 31st October there’s likely to be a General Election soon after

    Who do you normally vote for and who will you vote for next time around?

    I normally vote Tory and will vote Tory.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,771
    Never missed a vote always voted Labour, next time won't be voting Labour and can't see me voting at all.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,302
    I will vote Tory! Have done for a long time now. As far as I'm concerned, with Corbyn and his henchmen in charge, Labour are unelectable.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    568
    I have voted tory once in my life; for a mate who was standing in a local election, in Kenilworth, which he could not lose (he lost). Have lived in staunch tory constituencies for virtually all of my life & not surprisingly my protest vote has never counted for much. Certainly would never vote for Johnson who is one of the most nakedly egotistic politicians I have ever witnessed. Cornyn is totally unelectable; so I shall waste my vote on Lib Dems or Greens or whoever will come second in my constituency

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,039
    Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    If Boris secures the deal this week to leave on 31st October there’s likely to be a General Election soon after

    Who do you normally vote for and who will you vote for next time around?

    I normally vote Tory and will vote Tory.
    I have always voted Labour...

    But because of their extremely poor opposition to the worst government I have ever known, their unclear Brexit position, and because their policies are poor, in my opinion. I'll be voting Lib Dem.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,284
    Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I have always voted Labour...

    But because of their extremely poor opposition to the worst government I have ever known, their unclear Brexit position, and because their policies are poor, in my opinion. I'll be voting Lib Dem.

    You are Swinson would be good for each other - hypocrites and talk a load of ****e!!

    Lib Dem - the wasted vote!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I have always voted Labour...

    But because of their extremely poor opposition to the worst government I have ever known, their unclear Brexit position, and because their policies are poor, in my opinion. I'll be voting Lib Dem.
    It might be the worst government you can remember but take my word it isn’t. If we’re talking Tories then Major was a catastrophe on so many levels but probably not as bad as Heath.

    Blair whilst economically not the worst was a complete liar who due to being Bush’s poodle lied to get us into an illegal war. The prize for worst government though must surely go to Labour in the 70’s under Sunny Boy Jim Callaghan. No wonder whilst as PM he was widely quoted as saying if he were a younger man he’d emigrate. The whole country was at a stand still, a 3 day week as there was no power, power cuts galore, miners, dockers and railways on strike. I remember being at junior school when the lights went out and we were sent home😀. No one could get buried. Streets piled high with rubbish due to the bin men being on strike. What ended this misery, the country went bankrupt and had to apply to the IMF for a bailout. Happy days.
    Last edited by stripes39; 15-10-2019 at 07:17 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    15,153
    Hi Stripes,

    You are so right with what you’ve said but there’s a problem.

    There are a huge number of people under 50 years of age have no personal memory of just how bad it was here in the 70’s.

    All these “Snowflakes” and the others aged 20-50 who yearn for the Corbyn Marxist project to succeed have no idea what it’s like to be governed by a party totally dominated by the unions and groups like Momentum or the lot Derek Hatton was part of.

    Funny how Hatton became a capitalist property developer when his political ambitions failed!

    In the 70’s our school often had no heating due to coal strikes and power cuts so we had to wear winter coats in class and on many days we were told to stay at home.

    During the winter months a lot of evenings at home there was no power so mum cooked by candlelight on our gas stove and we went to bed early under heaps of blankets.

    We queued for bread during the bread strike........hours spent in the cold outside the local bakery waiting to get a loaf if you were lucky.

    Every week some industry was on strike,the binmen and the funeral houses didn’t work and we had two months of rubbish piled feet high in the streets and the dead went unburied!

    This is the catastrophic result of having incompetent Left Wingers in government.

    Alas.....it does mean that every 15-20 years Labour does get into power because younger people with an idealistic view on life want “something different” and they give Labour a chance.....I was stupid enough to do it twice with Blair.

    Then as most of them grow up,own a home,have kids,start a business they move away from Labour and put the Tory’s back in for 15-20 years to sort out the economy.

    They then do that and always get the blame because they don’t flash the cash like Labour do.

    Labour are a complete rabble and are not electable now or for a very long time if Momentum are still calling the shots as they do now.

    The Dim Lemmings are unelectable because......we’ll because they’re the Dim Lemmings.

    Swinson has managed to be more annoying than Wee Krankie in Scotland which is an achievement in itself.

    The Left always make the mistake of being too much “Comrade” and too much “Righteous pomposity” in the case of the Libs.

    The only way to win a majority is to be in the centre with a slight right leaning business agenda and a slightly left leaning social conscience.

    It always amazes me that NO party ever nails this properly because it’s really not that difficult.

    Even though I vote Tory now I’m still unhappy with the weak social conscience they show a lot of the time.

    Overall though they are more acceptable than either of the others for a lot of us.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    341
    Got to be the Tories. All the other parties are a complete joke. But then again, if brexit is revoked then they can all stick my vote where the sun doesn’t shine. For good!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,039
    Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Hi Stripes,

    You are so right with what you’ve said but there’s a problem.

    There are a huge number of people under 50 years of age have no personal memory of just how bad it was here in the 70’s.

    All these “Snowflakes” and the others aged 20-50 who yearn for the Corbyn Marxist project to succeed have no idea what it’s like to be governed by a party totally dominated by the unions and groups like Momentum or the lot Derek Hatton was part of.

    Funny how Hatton became a capitalist property developer when his political ambitions failed!

    In the 70’s our school often had no heating due to coal strikes and power cuts so we had to wear winter coats in class and on many days we were told to stay at home.

    During the winter months a lot of evenings at home there was no power so mum cooked by candlelight on our gas stove and we went to bed early under heaps of blankets.

    We queued for bread during the bread strike........hours spent in the cold outside the local bakery waiting to get a loaf if you were lucky.

    Every week some industry was on strike,the binmen and the funeral houses didn’t work and we had two months of rubbish piled feet high in the streets and the dead went unburied!

    This is the catastrophic result of having incompetent Left Wingers in government.

    Alas.....it does mean that every 15-20 years Labour does get into power because younger people with an idealistic view on life want “something different” and they give Labour a chance.....I was stupid enough to do it twice with Blair.

    Then as most of them grow up,own a home,have kids,start a business they move away from Labour and put the Tory’s back in for 15-20 years to sort out the economy.

    They then do that and always get the blame because they don’t flash the cash like Labour do.

    Labour are a complete rabble and are not electable now or for a very long time if Momentum are still calling the shots as they do now.

    The Dim Lemmings are unelectable because......we’ll because they’re the Dim Lemmings.

    Swinson has managed to be more annoying than Wee Krankie in Scotland which is an achievement in itself.

    The Left always make the mistake of being too much “Comrade” and too much “Righteous pomposity” in the case of the Libs.

    The only way to win a majority is to be in the centre with a slight right leaning business agenda and a slightly left leaning social conscience.

    It always amazes me that NO party ever nails this properly because it’s really not that difficult.

    Even though I vote Tory now I’m still unhappy with the weak social conscience they show a lot of the time.

    Overall though they are more acceptable than either of the others for a lot of us.
    Whilst I wasn't around in the 70's and so can't comment, I struggle to see how any governing party has divided our society as much as the current one. And I'd be amazed if our public services were as crippled then as what they are now.

    Having said that I do agree that centre line politics is where the Tories and Labour should really present themselves, but both are going the other way. I'm probably a centre-left voter, so I liked Tony Blair.

    But other than that, that's where we probably don't agree any further.

    In my opinion the youth of today are a shining light, they care about others, the economy and the environment. The demographics of the Brexit vote show you they are switched on. Whereas the over 50's have been subjected to decades of anti EU rhetoric and propaganda and have fallen victim to it. There are no benefits of Brexit, even the Govt's own Brexit department say we will be worse off - yet still many over 50's push it. Madness.

    The youth will get us back in the EU, it may be in the next couple of years or in a couple of decades, but they will repair the damage that has been done - eventually. That gives me great hope for the future..

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    15,153
    Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Whilst I wasn't around in the 70's and so can't comment, I struggle to see how any governing party has divided our society as much as the current one. And I'd be amazed if our public services were as crippled then as what they are now.

    Having said that I do agree that centre line politics is where the Tories and Labour should really present themselves, but both are going the other way. I'm probably a centre-left voter, so I liked Tony Blair.

    But other than that, that's where we probably don't agree any further.

    In my opinion the youth of today are a shining light, they care about others, the economy and the environment. The demographics of the Brexit vote show you they are switched on. Whereas the over 50's have been subjected to decades of anti EU rhetoric and propaganda and have fallen victim to it. There are no benefits of Brexit, even the Govt's own Brexit department say we will be worse off - yet still many over 50's push it. Madness.

    The youth will get us back in the EU, it may be in the next couple of years or in a couple of decades, but they will repair the damage that has been done - eventually. That gives me great hope for the future..
    “The youngsters of today care about others”.

    The youth of today are the most selfish,self entitled generation of youth I’ve ever known!

    Overly indulged by by parents and under disciplined.

    A huge sense of entitlement as well having neither the knowledge or experience to be pontificating the way they do.

    Like Greta Thunberg ranting that the previous generations had “stolen the future” from her generation.

    Someone needs to teach her and her generation some history because if it wasn’t for my grandparents and your great grandparents she’d either be under Nazi rule or perhaps not even exist!

    In my opinion each generation gets worse,my generation doesn’t have the same strength of character as my father’s generation and in turn his parents had even more of a sense of what was right.

    We won’t be going back into the EU anytime soon so don’t get too excited.

    If we make a success of Brexit the next generation ( who’ll include my 2 and 3 year old grandchildren) will grow up in an independent country and will not want to join the EU club.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,039
    Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    “The youngsters of today care about others”.

    The youth of today are the most selfish,self entitled generation of youth I’ve ever known!

    Overly indulged by by parents and under disciplined.

    A huge sense of entitlement as well having neither the knowledge or experience to be pontificating the way they do.

    Like Greta Thunberg ranting that the previous generations had “stolen the future” from her generation.

    Someone needs to teach her and her generation some history because if it wasn’t for my grandparents and your great grandparents she’d either be under Nazi rule or perhaps not even exist!

    In my opinion each generation gets worse,my generation doesn’t have the same strength of character as my father’s generation and in turn his parents had even more of a sense of what was right.

    We won’t be going back into the EU anytime soon so don’t get too excited.

    If we make a success of Brexit the next generation ( who’ll include my 2 and 3 year old grandchildren) will grow up in an independent country and will not want to join the EU club.
    Its a shame you are selfishly denying the opportunity to live, work and travel in 27 other countries to your grandchildren. And that they may not have the same trading opportunities with the largest trading bloc in the world that you yourself have enjoyed for your business.

    The most selfish and self entitled are the over 50's, who have had it relatively easy in terms of getting on the housing ladder, youth employment in the 70's-90's, ease of borrowing and house price increases in the last 30 years. Youth unemployment has increased in the last 10-15 years and young people really have to scrimp now to get a deposit to buy a house and to be accepted for a mortgage.

    Another thing that does my head in with over 50's is the constant harping on about the war, as if it is anything to do with Brexit. It isn't. You might have known people who were in the war, but you did not personally fight in the war unless you're over 95 years of age. I had grandparents that fought in the war, and I'm proud of them and what they stood up for. But they fought for peace and prosperity, not to isolate ourselves and make us poorer.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    15,153
    Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Its a shame you are selfishly denying the opportunity to live, work and travel in 27 other countries to your grandchildren. And that they may not have the same trading opportunities with the largest trading bloc in the world that you yourself have enjoyed for your business.

    The most selfish and self entitled are the over 50's, who have had it relatively easy in terms of getting on the housing ladder, youth employment in the 70's-90's, ease of borrowing and house price increases in the last 30 years. Youth unemployment has increased in the last 10-15 years and young people really have to scrimp now to get a deposit to buy a house and to be accepted for a mortgage.

    Another thing that does my head in with over 50's is the constant harping on about the war, as if it is anything to do with Brexit. It isn't. You might have known people who were in the war, but you did not personally fight in the war unless you're over 95 years of age. I had grandparents that fought in the war, and I'm proud of them and what they stood up for. But they fought for peace and prosperity, not to isolate ourselves and make us poorer.
    Absolute b o l l o x.

    You’re not worth engaging with.

    Take another two month break FFS.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,039
    Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Absolute b o l l o x.

    You’re not worth engaging with.

    Take another two month break FFS.
    Home Truths can hurt.

    Stop being such a snowflake...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post

    The youth will get us back in the EU, it may be in the next couple of years or in a couple of decades, but they will repair the damage that has been done - eventually. That gives me great hope for the future..
    That assumes there will be an EU to get us back in to.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,284
    Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Its a shame you are selfishly denying the opportunity to live, work and travel in 27 other countries to your grandchildren. And that they may not have the same trading opportunities with the largest trading bloc in the world that you yourself have enjoyed for your business.

    The most selfish and self entitled are the over 50's, who have had it relatively easy in terms of getting on the housing ladder, youth employment in the 70's-90's, ease of borrowing and house price increases in the last 30 years. Youth unemployment has increased in the last 10-15 years and young people really have to scrimp now to get a deposit to buy a house and to be accepted for a mortgage.

    Another thing that does my head in with over 50's is the constant harping on about the war, as if it is anything to do with Brexit. It isn't. You might have known people who were in the war, but you did not personally fight in the war unless you're over 95 years of age. I had grandparents that fought in the war, and I'm proud of them and what they stood up for. But they fought for peace and prosperity, not to isolate ourselves and make us poorer.


    ****in idiot! Today's youth are bone idle, don't know the meaning of graft, and so liberal they would let every f ucker into this country and there would be a Pride march every week!

    Go back to being Baggielad as the garbage was not so bad but still s hite! Swinson - ha ha - who would vote for this clown who is so out of her depth she sounds like a sixth form leaver!

    Take another break for a month - you know it makes sense!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,074
    Don't worry because once half term finishes, he'll be back to school next week.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,039
    Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    ****in idiot! Today's youth are bone idle, don't know the meaning of graft, and so liberal they would let every f ucker into this country and there would be a Pride march every week!

    Go back to being Baggielad as the garbage was not so bad but still s hite! Swinson - ha ha - who would vote for this clown who is so out of her depth she sounds like a sixth form leaver!

    Take another break for a month - you know it makes sense!
    Nothing like sitting on your ar5e whinging about others eh....

    Is it the youth's fault we have a constitutional crisis? Anyone born this century didn't even vote in the referendum.

    What I will say is the youth of today are not brainwashed and manipulated as you clearly are. You are nothing more than a sheep, following the propaganda of whatever The Mail tell you to think.

    And let's be fair - you're as thick as two short planks so its not hard for them to do. You really should be getting wiser with age...what went wrong Al?

    So, I think I'll stay for a bit longer. Thanks though..

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    15,153
    Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Nothing like sitting on your ar5e whinging about others eh....

    Is it the youth's fault we have a constitutional crisis? Anyone born this century didn't even vote in the referendum.

    What I will say is the youth of today are not brainwashed and manipulated as you clearly are. You are nothing more than a sheep, following the propaganda of whatever The Mail tell you to think.

    And let's be fair - you're as thick as two short planks so its not hard for them to do. You really should be getting wiser with age...what went wrong Al?

    So, I think I'll stay for a bit longer. Thanks though..
    Arrogant moron.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    .

    What I will say is the youth of today are not brainwashed and manipulated as you clearly are.

    You are nothing more than a sheep, following the propaganda of whatever The Mail tell you to think.

    And let's be fair - you're as thick as two short planks so its not hard for them to do. You really should be getting wiser with age...what went wrong Al?
    Seems this is a post made up of nothing more than generalisations and assumptions. As you're always quick to tell people on here; try dealing in facts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •