+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why we not mention England?

Question Why we not mention England?

Because we are bloody rubbish perhaps?

I was thinking about it BT, but I hadn't quite got round to it.

That was the worst I've seen us play under Southgate by some distance. On the evidence of that he's losing the plot, I've seen Rice a few times now for WHU and England, I'm still wondering what all the fuss is about, and pairing him with Henderson was a recipe for disaster, and the recipe worked, If Gareth can't find a better CB than Keane to wear an England shirt, then he's not fit to be managing the England team. He doesn't trust Barkley, he prefers Henderson, but every time he brings Barkley the team plays better, this was an important game but he plays around with Mount and Sancho and leaves Rashford on the bench. It was a disaster wholly of Gareth's making, that was back to the bad old days and no mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I was thinking about it BT, but I hadn't quite got round to it.

That was the worst I've seen us play under Southgate by some distance. On the evidence of that he's losing the plot, I've seen Rice a few times now for WHU and England, I'm still wondering what all the fuss is about, and pairing him with Henderson was a recipe for disaster, and the recipe worked, If Gareth can't find a better CB than Keane to wear an England shirt, then he's not fit to be managing the England team. He doesn't trust Barkley, he prefers Henderson, but every time he brings Barkley the team plays better, this was an important game but he plays around with Mount and Sancho and leaves Rashford on the bench. It was a disaster wholly of Gareth's making, that was back to the bad old days and no mistake.
    Square head and Keane are the worst centre backs I’ve seen for some time , McGuire lost his man on first goal and Keane let his man step of back of him , it’s rubbish defending at international level.

Rice and Henderson you can only presume we’re to protect our in adequate defensive line

Said before with Southgate he got away with one , how did we manage to get to the semi final of the World Cup and then produce a performance of Amateur foot ballers.

Because we got to the semi it was all
    Overlooked when really we should have made the final.

Last night was a joke and I think he should hold his hands up and admit he picked the wrong clientele.

Imo he should pick the strongest players at the time and play them, if I’m truthful Abraham’s should have started not Kane and Tarkowski should have made the squad , Pickford doesn’t install confidence if I’m being honest , though he can be a good shot stopper.

The last two points are not bias from aBurnley fan either but if Tyrone Mings makes the squad in front of Tarky something is a miss.

Just own up Gareth you got it wrong , also if Sterling doesn’t do it we are devoid of any threat.

Pickford is indecisive, Maguire is overrated, Keane is awful, Rose is rubbish, Henderson is awful, Rice (WTF?) Mount too inexperienced, German winger who was so impressive I don't even recall is name, Kane's confidence looks shot. That leaves Barkley, Sterling and Trippier who justify starting against Bulgaria.
    Southgate is not for me, he contradicts himself too often. 4-2-3-1? You could tell the players had no idea who was supposed to be doing what.

Not watched them since they got trounced in the South Africa World Cup......crap team

I simply can't get excited by watching England.

I very rarely switch the telly on when they are playing.

I said after the world cup that it was pretty poor as we had beaten no one of any substance, and been held or outplayed by Countries we should be above, yet those over paid pundits who chat sh!te for loads of dosh said it was good, even starting at the start of these European Championships they said we should build on the success of the World Cup when IMO there really wasn't any success, and like I keep saying, Southgate did nothing above average in Club Football so I had no faith in him as head of England and still don't.

Gareth put his sensible head back on, shifted out the dross, put some proper footballers back in like Barkley and Rashford, and we're back in business, 6-0, could easily have been 10-0, even Mings was a vast improvement on Keane.

God knows what Gareth was thinking of last Friday, but fair do's he rectified his mistakes.

The first goal was astonishing, we looked a lot better than Friday, but the result was marred because the Bulgarian police killed an England fan and seriously wound another. WTF?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)