+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Someone has to mention it 2 -1

Someone has to mention it 2 -1

I don't normally watch England games, yes when half the team was from the ER stables I did but, well last night made me realised I haven't been missing anything, the commentators tried their best to big up the team and kid you they were Ok but the Staropramen drinkers were justified winners. I will admit I probably nodded off part way through for a few minutes so if that is when the brilliance shone through then I missed it.

Harry Kane, worth however many squillions, had a chance if he'd have used his left foot, tried to use his right instead and completely fluffed. I don't understand professional footballers who won't use their other foot. Multi millionairess's for being a player and cant/won't use their two feet. Surely they train on the other foot?? I did it and I was on £2 a week with Crusaders. Sterling won the pen cos he wanted it on his right.

Eh crusaders?

England are so over-rated..as soon as we play anyone who can really play we lose..or we just play sh1t and lose like last neet.

Not been bothered since the days of Gazza/Shearer etc to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Eh crusaders?
    👀

Unless and until there is a SENSIBLE method of limiting the number of foreign players in (at least), the PL AND the Championship, replicated in all FIFA affiliated leagues, we will never have a first class England team (or from any of the other home nations). If home-grown players can't get into the 1st teams of those club's, on a regular and consistent basis, they will never develop as competitive players on the world stage.

It will never happen of course, the money machine won't allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Unless and until there is a SENSIBLE method of limiting the number of foreign players in (at least), the PL AND the Championship, replicated in all FIFA affiliated leagues, we will never have a first class England team (or from any of the other home nations). If home-grown players can't get into the 1st teams of those club's, on a regular and consistent basis, they will never develop as competitive players on the world stage.

It will never happen of course, the money machine won't allow it.
    Once you open up a Gateway it will never be closed. There is no honor playing for a club as all players are Mercenaries going for the highest dollar and couldn't care less about winning or playing for the honor.
    I started this when I first joined the forum and was laughed at, by most of the ones that don't post anymore. English clubs where you struggle to pick an English born player.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)