+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All You Punks And All You Teds

Quote Originally Posted by Masson4 View Post
    Yes, in fact you have misinterpreted the thread title which is part of the lyrics of a 2 Tone song. Explanations of what the 2 Tone movement was freely available for the last forty years.

Yes, also fully aware of the Teddy Boy movement of the 1950s thanks. Being an expert you’ll of course know there was a revival approximately movement forty years ago too.
    No I don't remember ....... you've got me there mate. Actually thinking back, a lot of the original 'Teds' were not a pleasant bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    No I don't remember ....... you've got me there mate. Actually thinking back, a lot of the original 'Teds' were not a pleasant bunch.
    They originally carried bike chains as weapons, and flick knives, to the extent that flick knives were made illegal in the late 50's. They largely died out during the sixties, but apparently there was a group still flourishing in Ripley in 1966.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    They originally carried bike chains as weapons, and flick knives, to the extent that flick knives were made illegal in the late 50's. They largely died out during the sixties, but apparently there was a group still flourishing in Ripley in 1966.
    Rockers took over from the Teds in the 60's.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Rockers took over from the Teds in the 60's.
    Then the mods gave them a good kicking on Brighton beach.

There must have been a Ted revival around 76/77 because they used to fight punks on the Kings Road back in the day. I made some fellow Notts fans walk all the way down there from St Pancras to Fulham in 1976 to witness these shenanigans, and can only apologise, but the match was worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egdiijeJWsg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12