+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blackpool Post Match Thoughts

Sue Smith on Sky said we were impressive defensively! I love to hear what the travelling fans think of that.

Blackpool fans would have been ecstatic if they won at our place in the same style.

Great result for us. Didn't go, didn't listen to it but full credit to Warney and the team. Going to Blackpool and winning is a fantastic result. We did it last time we played there too. Same score if I remember correctly.

First half think we let them come on to us to easily by not high pressing enough. Did what we had to do to keep it level at half time . Second half better but not brilliant with the odd good passage of play . Signs of a top team winning home or away while not playing well. Mom iversen kept us in game with some fine saves and good handling.

Just been watching the match highlights -even in slow motion, still no idea what that penalty was for... very strange decision by the ref!

Seems like playing rubbish at Bristol Rovers is the final straw for us before a turnaround in this division - it was the poor 2-1 defeat to them that we followed with our 17 unbeaten last time (notice this cus got a Rocers fan as a friend)

Do people still use that old cliche, will play better and lose? If so, I'll take that.

Iekwe took Tilt out mikemiller as the ball is coming out. Definite pen and very clumsy.

I love King Ronnie
    Thought we didn’t play well at all tbh
    Robertson MOTM closely followed by Smith
    Ref was **** as expected
    Their keeper wasted time from the second he had ball so they need to shut up
    We have a dickhead fan who really needs to learn how to drive (****er)

No Warney I don’t think we deserved a clean sheet and that’s why we didn’t get one

But 3 points is great
    Last edited by millertop; 13-10-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    No Warney I don’t think we deserved a clean sheet and that’s why we didn’t get one

But 3 points is great
    warne said iverson deserved a clean sheet. have to agree with him

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    warne said iverson deserved a clean sheet. have to agree with him

Yes as an individual display he deserved one, as a team then no.

The booking was harsh, any keeper worth his salt would have been annoyed under the circumstances and take his frustration out of the ball. No need for the ref to book him, whatever time it wasted (seconds rather than minutes) the ref could have just added it on.

That false start routine for both our goals is obviously something theyíve been practicing

Daft thing for Iversen to do though grist the ref was already in a booking mode

Thought Robertson struggled against Feeney in the first half and was going past him for fun. He got better but MoM has to be Iversonj

Both full backs were being gone past for fun yesterday. Olasunde obviously has talent but still has to learn to keep closer to his winger.

To be fair to Robertson he aint a full back but we have only just got our left back cover fit in Clarke but I have a feeling Warne will play him further up the field. Don't think Akeem Hinds was ready for the game yesterday but I dont think he is far off now.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 13-10-2019 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Daft thing for Iversen to do though grist the ref was already in a booking mode
    Yes, thatís true enough but spur of the moment events donít involve much thinking.

In the long run though unless he makes a habit of it it will have no effect on Iverson playing or being banned.

Seemed to be a ref trying to reach a quota

Yep a lot of bookings on both sides for not much...

The only stars of the first half were Iverson and Frog's homebrew.

Fortunately we got better.

Or drunkerer.

Or something.

Good gritty away performance.

Right then guys and gals, who will settle for the same performance and same result v Oxford?

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    The only stars of the first half were Iverson and Frog's homebrew.

Fortunately we got better.

Or drunkerer.

Or something.

Good gritty away performance.
    Frogs home brew sounds dangerously good

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Frogs home brew sounds dangerously good
    I must say that it's delightful. A new order went in yesterday and with any luck we could be sampling it by Xmas.

It does make dull matches much better

If you look at the whole picture with Robertson playing out of position at the last minute for Mattock then you’ll get why he’s my MOTM
    Yes Olosunde struggled in this game and I would’ve fetch Jones on earlier (but I don’t know how fit he is atm with his thigh)
    Yes Iversen pulled a few good saves off but apart from that?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast