+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackpool Post Match Thoughts

Radio DeeDah filling in with some pre-recorded rubgy union material - just announced that the Millers have gone ahead against Doncaster
    Seriously though, the Millers did well considering the injuries/illnesses and enforced changes just before, and during, the match
    Last edited by mikemiller; 12-10-2019 at 05:10 PM.

Well that was a robbery. Poor first half and lucky not to be behind thanks to their poor finishing and Iversen's skills. Came out more like it in second half scored the couple of goals against the run of play and on we march. Winning but not playing well. Today passing was poor and defence had problems when they ran at us. Referee again poor too many bookings. Blackpool were the better side but I didn't like they're niggly tactics constant pulling and pushing that went unpunished. We were in need of someone to put their foot on the ball, but we have said that about every game. Can't moan about effort and we're gradually reeling them in. Keep it up lads.
    Iversen. Brilliant some excellent saves, our best signing this year.
    Olosunde. His worst game of the season, needed to be subbed before getting sent off, after being booked for nothing.
    Robertson. Great goal but not a brilliant defensive display, he's not a full back so I'll cut him some slack, last minute replacement for Mattock
    Ihekwe. Man of match for me, up against big skilful lad. I think he just gets better and better. Won fair share of headers, stood firm in tackles and covered well.
    Wood. A couple of heart in the mouth moments but by and large did what he had to do.
    Lindsey. Covered every inch of the pitch, battled well and was best of midfield.
    Barlaser. Lovely free kick for first goal. Showed one or two nice touches, but didn't do enough. We need him to be the key to open up teams.
    Wiles. As Lindsey covered miles and got into some dangerous positions, still needs a rest for me.
    Hasty. Seems to have gone off the boil a bit, took me ages to realise he was playing, but then I am getting old.
    Crooks. Not the same impact as last week but a definite improvement on previous games. Took some stick and hope he's OK after going off.
    Smith. 3 goals in 2 games, nuff said. Led the line well took a lot of stick but kept battling.
    Subs, Ogbene. Looks like the real deal to me, fast and skillful, he'll terrify defences.
    Clarke. Got stuck in when he came on and looks useful.
    Just seen Richie Barker on Preston Station and he to is well pleased with result, quote "good defensive performance, although not technically good, a game where we may have caved in a couple of weeks ago"
    Fair enough to me game management at the end was good.

I must say I did not foresee a victory at half time. Blackpool had done their homework on us and Hastie and Wiles struggled to get anything going. Pool were a constant threat when going wide but lacked finishing. Iversen was our saviour.

Second half we gritted our teeth and dug in. We spoiled their possession and took our chances. Again Iversen and, increasingly the back four, were our heroes after we took the lead.

Pleased for Robertson to get his goal against his old club. Slightly disappointed with Ogbene's lack of impact when he came on but maybe our expectations are a little high. (In fairness he did a good job of winding down the clock in their corner for several minutes at the right time.)

Like Brin, I would give MOTM to Iversen. He pulled off some critical saves and generally settled the defence with his approach. A word for Barlaser. His passing was a bit suspect again but he was reading the game pretty well and did a lot of good things quietly. His free kick which led to the first goal was extremely effective. His best performance so far.

Blackpool's message boards are pretty uncomplimentary about us (dirty, time wasting, too tall...) and the referee. Heigh-ho...

Bit harsh that Jake.
    They were better first half and liam Feeney was indeed getting past us way too easily. He,s the player we should have signed three seasons ago.

Second half we were a lot more competitive and thought we just shaded it. We were the team that took our chances and they didnt.

I,ll agree it wasnt as convincing as Cov though.
    Why can,t our fans get behind the team like that in other games. Maybe we need more beer

Olasunde and towards the end Oggy were lucky not to get sent off. PW spotted that and subbed him
    Last edited by flourbasher; 12-10-2019 at 05:43 PM.

Win ugly

That will do for me

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Win ugly

That will do for me
    Yep ugly all the way to the championship for me rather than pretty and div 2

A masterclass in running down the clock in OT
    We must have ran down the first 5 mins by winning corners, throw ins and free kicks which frustrated blackpool. Clever stuff

yep if they had scored the pen with 2 or 3 mins of injury time left we would probably have not held on...

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post

Ican see a fine coming for both clubs for the amount of bookings.
    I think it has to be six

Blackpool 5 Rotherham 4

Can’t comment on the rest but Iversen was silly. He could have at least booted it towards half way line then no booking.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I think preparation is everything.

Brin and I prepared superbly for this game.
    Millersmad’s own Renee and Renato

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast