Beer prices in the UK are still dirt cheap compared to here. A pint of Local Eumundi lager where I live ( craft beer I admit) is a marvelous $12 AU ( 6 pounds 50). Even a regular local mass produced brew such as Tooheys New or Carlton Draft is at least $10 a pint ( although pints are generally not drink its schooners or pots) (5 pounds 50). A bottled beer is usually $8 plus a bottle with the European brands being more due to the huge import duty on them here ( get used to that yourselves when you leave the EU without a deal he didn't mention that one!). A carton ( 24) of Corona which is seen as a premium brew here ( largely brewed in NZ) the cheapest you will get at a beer warehouse type place is around $48. (25 quid). Boozing here is extremely expensive. A result of this country not having a recession for a long time I would suppose prices just go up and up at astounding rates. A decent bottle of wine is $15-20 and often the same wines can be purchased in the European markets for a lot less although I am unsure where they are bottled and whether it is just branding.