+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Match ratings v Torquay

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    At 2:59pm yesterday, navypie had decided that Enzio had a shyte game!
    You really struggle when it comes to being original.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    This is an excellent post and sums up my thoughts completely.

With both the Dagenham and Torquay games this week I think we have seen two of the better footballing sides in this league. Not forgetting that Torquay were the leagues top goal scorers and we kept them at bay.

Whilst in the Torquay game we didn’t have as much possession as we did in the Dagenham game it was a complete team performance. All the players did their job and it’s now clear to see what kind of style we are playing and what each players role is. It was really difficult to pick a man of the match for the reason that so many players were contenders.

I’ve always been a advocate of Neil Ardley and if some fans haven’t read the webchat on the NEP website it makes for interesting reading. I’m desperate for him to bring success to this club and our league status back because he’s a genuinely decent man and thorough in all that he does. He has addressed our one major problem that we’ve had for a number of seasons and that is our defensive frailties. Players put their bodies on the line for the team now and the goalkeeper is an assured figure at the centre of this. Graham was a loss but Rawlinson has come in and is forging a good understanding with Big Ben with each passing game. Turner is a warrior and wins so much in the air and is the kind of centre back we have been missing at the club for a number of seasons.

The thing I like is that goals don’t just come from the front men. Everyone is chipping in. Also the quality of the goals this season have been something. It’s only mid October and there are so many contenders already for goal of the season.

Going to watch Notts at Meadow Lane is now a pleasure and it’s as good a feeling as what it was two years ago under Kevin Nolan in the early part of the playoff season. We are making our home a fortress and a really difficult place for teams to come. The stats tell the story. One defeat at home this season to Barnet. Five clean sheets at home in a row. I always say on here that the clean sheet is what wins titles, but let’s not get too carried away.

I think the recruitment done this summer has been excellent and the quality of player that can come on off the bench is what many teams at this level would envy. Every player we have signed brings something to the team and puts in the hard work effort and has the right attitude on the pitch. Even though we have lost key players at times, others have come in and more than stepped up.

Our club feels like it’s got its dignity and respect back within the football world and it’s excellent to see and long may it continue.
    I cannot disagree with your comments, spot on let us hope come May we will be celebrating. After all the negativity regarding Neil Ardley without wishing to speak too soon it would be fantastic not only for him but the club & all the fans if we could get back to League Two.

Quote Originally Posted by nw5pie View Post
    I've only seen Notts once this season. At Borehamwood. It was clear to me that Brindley was a cut above the rest on the pitch. He looks a great signing.. Here's an interesting link about just why his talent has been stalling up until now... https://talksport.com/football/57162...ent-nightmare/
    What an amazing read that was.

Oh right, I was unaware there was a rule that prevents him scoring with his right foot. He was about 8 yards out, no real challenge and only had to hit the target to score unless it was directly at their keeper.

Funnily enough, if you had asked me to choose any player that chance would fall to, I would have picked Krystian Dennis.
    A sitter? It was a volley, sideways on with a defender marking him!

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    A sitter? It was a volley, sideways on with a defender marking him!
    I would expect Dennis to finish that chance 8 times out of 10. It was much easier than the one he scored.

I would expect Dennis to finish that chance 8 times out of 10. It was much easier than the one he scored.
    As a winger who scored more than 250 goals at a goal a game I would have buried it (I explain to my children I never missed a chance) but for mere mortals it wasn't a sitter it was a 5 goals out of ten chance.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234