+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do we really have the quietest fans?

We need to start putting teams to bed! In saying that no teams are pushovers nowadays even those at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    We need to start putting teams to bed! In saying that no teams are pushovers nowadays even those at the bottom.
    Not sticking everybody back in our own penalty area for the latter stages of games would help, especially as some of those players have little idea of how to defend... and with absolutely predictable outcomes... ask Pigs fans about us... very annoying

Our fans are generally rubbish in terms of vocal support, especially at home, pretty poor away too. Strangely our larger away followings are usually the quietest. We nearly always wait for the team to make the first move, the songs are all decades old and only half a dozen people know the words to the newer ones. Our vocal support has really gone down hill in the last 10 years apart from a brief renaissance when we moved into NYS.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    Our fans are generally rubbish in terms of vocal support, especially at home, pretty poor away too. Strangely our larger away followings are usually the quietest. We nearly always wait for the team to make the first move, the songs are all decades old and only half a dozen people know the words to the newer ones. Our vocal support has really gone down hill in the last 10 years apart from a brief renaissance when we moved into NYS.
    Yes it was down to the acoustics in the stadium

Then they put down traps

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post

Then they put down traps

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

Then they put down traps
    There was a lot of echo though

I am actually delighted to hear we now have quiet fans. I might even start going to the away games again if they have toned it all down. I got sick of having my day spoiled by boozed-up yobs. Maybe now people have started to act their age we can all watch the football in peace.

This is a throwback to the horrible years spent at Don Valley. We lost the knack and whatever we had in the glorious Tivoli where we could really create atmosphere. There are a lot of us who can remember the good old "cop" choir " winning days, but that may be the problem, that lot are like me long in the tooth and short in the vocal chord. I didn't think we were that bad yesterday, I think there may have been a few to many who took advantage of Blackpools £1.50 a pint hospitality. It was certainly noisy where I was sat.

Really quiet yesterday. Though tbh I was sat near the Blackpool cop end

Other than Anfield on big european nights you'd struggle to find any ground in the country these days that's atmospheric .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast